SW list or info

tmas
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Guess I'm a lousy searcher! I was sure there was a list of SW bourbons on the site but I can't find it. I wanted to ID which bourbons in my bunker are SW because I've a notion to drag some out & sample them. Any help would be appreciated.

Well, maybe it was a list of those dsp codes come to think of it.

Edited by tmas

It is DSP-16

The UPC#s are 88508 for older bottles and 88076 for newer bottles but I would say the bottle dates must be earlier than '95 to be SW bourbon

Bottles should also say Louisville and not Frankfort

Brands are

Old Fitz

Weller

Cabin Still

Rebel Yell

Thanks for that info guys, appreciate it.

Meruck, I think I have lots of interesting bottles in my haphazard bunker. Some of the ones that spurred me to ask the question are W.L. Weller 10 year Centennials, 1 liter bottles of Antique with the gold threading, and a couple of VW 15 yrs from the Stitzel era.

But, I have lots of other lovely things too, all purchased prior to about 2011 going back 8 years or so. I kind of took a bourbon hiatus and focused on wine & gins for a while but now the bourbon craving has returned. One thing I started to really miss around the time I backed off bourbon was the fact that finding interesting "dusties" became pretty impossible when bourbon became "the thing".

Bunker Bottles that come to mind:

WT Russel Reserve 101s

Jefferson Reserve 15s

VW 10 yr 107s

VW 15 yr 107s

VW rye B

Pappy 20

Pappy 23 (special SB stuff!)

Sam Houston 10yrs

several different Birthday Bourbons

EW vintage dated from several yrs

WT Rare Breed several vintages

WT Kentucky Spirit

Rowan's

Noah's

EC 12 & 15

ER 17yr

GT Stagg

4 Roses SB

hirsch red cap

...and a bottle of Buffalo Trace that I traded for, which was bottled especially for...Straight Bourbon!

What's in your bunker?

..I would say the bottle dates must be earlier than '95 to be SW bourbon

Bottles should also say Louisville and not Frankfort..

If SW closed in '92, then it seems logical that a 7yo Weller from '99 could be SW. I have a 2000 bottling of OWA with a Louisville label. I'm not claiming it's SW, just throwing that out there. Possibly some label/bottle mixup happening during the transitional years too.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.