Top Shelf Scotch - Highland Park 18 VS 15?

Alden
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I picked up a bottle of the 12 today, for $49.95.

I'm waiting till I can sit down and really take my time before I crack it open. Maybe not till the weekend the way things are shaking out this week.

I've had the 12, 15, 18 and 25. For the money the 15 was clearly my favorite. Yea the 25 was amazing but I can buy multiple bottles of the 15 for what the 25 costs. I'd buy the 15 and put the rest of the money towards attending a Whiskey Festival where you can taste multiple things - either the SMSWA Extravaganza or Whisky Live or WhiskyFest. The "investments" I've made in attending those events have more than paid for themselves in the whiskies I chose not to buy.

I really like the 12 a lot. Very complex and earthy.

When this one is gone I might try the 15, but then again, I might just get another 12!

I only drink scotch older than me. So when I turned 30 I had to graduate to the 40 year HP, which has put a major strain on my finances.

Certainly the 12 is very good. Springbank 10, Laphroaig 10 Cask Strength, Talisker 10, and HP 12 are my favs at the lower end..well lower end for single malts.

I only drink scotch older than me. So when I turned 30 I had to graduate to the 40 year HP, which has put a major strain on my finances.

You could always blend 3 different 12 year old scotches! Would certainly be cheaper...

You could always blend 3 different 12 year old scotches! Would certainly be cheaper...

BRILLIANT! :lol:

Reminds me of W.C. Fields' singing, "I'd rather have two girls of 21 each, than one woman of 42!"

See if you can locate a mini of the HP 18. My local shop carries them for $12.50. It is definitely worlds above the HP 12 IMO.

See if you can locate a mini of the HP 18. My local shop carries them for $12.50. It is definitely worlds above the HP 12 IMO.

Ill look for one. Thanks for the suggestion.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.