Amusing, yet scary...

tanstaafl2
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

If his online publication continues to write reviews, I suspect he'll hire a respected whisky person. For the wine reviews, Parker hired renowned reviewers to cover particular geographies. For example, Jay Miller covered Spain and his reviews were published under Parker's domain. It would make sense for him to do the same in whisky, bourbon and other spirits. I don't think he could have expected the viral pushback he received from the online bourbon community.

I'd like to apply for the job as bourbon contributor to the domain. By way of audition, here are my tasting notes for Very, Very Old Fitzwaller: Redolent of caramelized dark pitted fruits; smoky but with much less char than you might expect in a whiskey that spent more than four years in the barrel; silky and gorgeously textured on the mid palate but just a skosh harsh on the back palate; still, velvety and opulent; complex and pungent with tremendous rye spice elegantly balanced by wheat. I rate it a 97.

And if you can detect the rose petals (Grandifloras naturally) the score rises to a 98.

I'd like to apply for the job as bourbon contributor to the domain. By way of audition, here are my tasting notes for Very, Very Old Fitzwaller: Redolent of caramelized dark pitted fruits; smoky but with much less char than you might expect in a whiskey that spent more than four years in the barrel; silky and gorgeously textured on the mid palate but just a skosh harsh on the back palate; still, velvety and opulent; complex and pungent with tremendous rye spice elegantly balanced by wheat. I rate it a 97.

You, sir, have just been awarded the first "Parker" by the SB community.

It's a 10" golden colored plastic statue of Rbt Parker, with a pot belly, and when you push the belly, the tongue protrudes and it makes a slurping sound.

Congratulations.

Please see the cashier on your way out.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.