World Whisk(e)y Day

Meruck
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Well guys, its here again. Saturday May 18, 2013 has been named as World Whisky Day. How will you celebrate? I'm going "bow" fishing on the upper Missouri with a bottle of the SB blend (or two).

Rainbow trout fishing I presume though I've met chaps who actually fish with a bow and arrow the difference primarily being the former practice catch and release while the latter don't.

Rainbow trout fishing I presume though I've met chaps who actually fish with a bow and arrow the difference primarily being the former practice catch and release while the latter don't.

Indeed Sir Squire, rainbow trout and perhaps some Missouri browns as well.

Same here Josh, being retired every day's a holiday and every meal's a banquet.

I'll be driving from St. Louis to Drake University for my niece's graduation ceremony.

I'm working with Haymarket Whiskey Bar in Louisville to hold an event in honor of World Whisk(e)y Day. We'll be doing drink specials on Angels Envy all day (they open at 4) and likely have some Angels Envy reps there to talk about their products. Hoping to get some of that new rye brought over, too...

Wow, right in the middle of Chicago Craft Beer Week. Don't you just love double holidays?

Possibly skiing with daughter in last ski days in Rockies. Skiing, occasionally out of control, sloppy conditions, add whiskey. What could possibly go wrong?

Same here Josh, being retired every day's a holiday and every meal's a banquet.

every paycheck a fortune and every formation a parade.

Rainbows and Browns on the dry, as a double even.........................now thats a Saturday. The flask of Vintage 17 made for a well rounded fishing trip on World Wisk(e)y Day.

post-9455-14489819057702_thumb.jpg

For Whiskey day, my friends and I had a man's breakfast. We grilled, spiked the coffee, spiked the pancake syrup, and enjoyed cigars with bourbon. It was a long, really great morning with friends.

post-10006-14489819065976_thumb.jpg

started the morning with JD Syrup in our coffee....

post-10006-1448981906707_thumb.jpg

Corn pancakes, meat with JD syrup

post-10006-14489819065544_thumb.jpg

And bourbon and a cigar for dessert.

post-10006-1448981906652_thumb.jpg

For Whiskey day, ........................spiked the pancake syrup, .

Your working to hard.......Just get a bottle or Crown Maple, ready made "pre-spiked" syrup.....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.