Glenmorangie 10? Just another Glen?

Alden
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Why can't you? I can see it.
A combination of your choice of colored text and squire's probable choice ( and mine ) of a darker theme means that we see grey text on dark grey background which equals hard to see/read. Edited by RocknRoll

A combination of your choice of colored text and squire's probable choice ( and mine ) of a darker theme means that we see grey text on dark grey background which equals hard to see/read.

Sorry, I had actually written that somewhere else and copy and pasted it here, so maybe that explains the off color.

Strange that on my screen it looks exactly the same as all the other posts here.

Basically what I wrote was that the dominant flavors are citrus, mostly orange and lemon, and it's very light and refreshing, almost like fortified white wine, if you add ice to it. There is some bourbon barrel oak in it too.

The finish is very short, and the nose is pure alcohol and vanilla cake.

Basically what I wrote was that the dominant flavors are citrus, mostly orange and lemon, and it's very light and refreshing, almost like fortified white wine, if you add ice to it. There is some bourbon barrel oak in it too.

The finish is very short, and the nose is pure alcohol and vanilla cake.

Alden, did you get any marshmallow in it? I've only had it once, at the end of a party, so I wasn't paying too much attention, but I remember that I liked it and that it had some yummy marshmallow notes.

I did make the mistake of buying their Quinta Ruban. Boring, so, so, boring.

It just seems incongruous to me that Port would work with the Glenmorangie flavor profile, but to each his own as the man said when he kissed the cow.

It just seems incongruous to me that Port would work with the Glenmorangie flavor profile, but to each his own as the man said when he kissed the cow.

I wouldn't call any peated malts THE core malt in any JW blend. JW's are not very peated blends (compared to the likes of Islay Mist and Black Bottle).

As mentioned, the peat component in these major blends changes over time. For Diageo, they have 3 distilleries producing peated whiskies. Caol Ila, Talisker and Lagavulin. As the latter two are smaller and very popular single malts, Caol Ila is the most probably peat part in Diageo's blend. It doesn't have to be these three. Around 2011 Caol Ila was being modernised and Diageo actually rented Bunnahabhain for nearly a year to produce peated malt. Just to keep up with future supplies for blends. When Caol Ila was rebuild in the early seventies, they made peated malt at Brora!

Steffen

I wouldn't call any peated malts THE core malt in any JW blend. JW's are not very peated blends (compared to the likes of Islay Mist and Black Bottle).

As mentioned, the peat component in these major blends changes over time. For Diageo, they have 3 distilleries producing peated whiskies. Caol Ila, Talisker and Lagavulin. As the latter two are smaller and very popular single malts, Caol Ila is the most probably peat part in Diageo's blend. It doesn't have to be these three. Around 2011 Caol Ila was being modernised and Diageo actually rented Bunnahabhain for nearly a year to produce peated malt. Just to keep up with future supplies for blends. When Caol Ila was rebuild in the early seventies, they made peated malt at Brora!

Steffen

Alden, did you get any marshmallow in it? I've only had it once, at the end of a party, so I wasn't paying too much attention, but I remember that I liked it and that it had some yummy marshmallow notes.

I did make the mistake of buying their Quinta Ruban. Boring, so, so, boring.

Glenmorangie 10 is what kickstarted my passion for whisk(e)y.

On point with Diageo, it will be interesting to see if there is a shift in JW's profile in the coming years when Diageo's newest behemoth distillery, Roseisle, becomes one of the primary malts in the blend. Apparently, they can produce all the malts they need for all the JW blends at that one distillery.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.