Do you ever mix bourbons together

choek
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Okay, I'm a newbie to the board. I've been enjoying learning about this new world of bourbons, trying a few of the recommendations of the folks who've posted here.

I've tried a range of different tastes, including Makers Mark, Van Winkle 12 yr reserve and ORVW 10/107, Wild Turkey Rare Breed, and Hirsch Rye.

I've been trying to sort out all the different tastes I'm experiencing, and think that I'm just getting used to the differences in tastes between those heavy on the wheats and those heavy on the rye.

This is probably sacrilige to experienced drinkers, but all these different tastes got me wondering-- do folks ever mix together their pours, to get the right balance of tastes? Sorry if this is a ridiculous question and probably exposes me for an absolute beginner...

Cho: If you search for "mingle" or "mingling" on the board, you'll find a few threads discussing this practice. Several members like to experiment when an inch or two remain in a few bottles. Others engage in the practice regularly and with scientific precision.

Welcome to the board.

Barrel Proof touched on using the 'search' but here are 2 threads that touch on the subject...

Bill asks about the blending/mingling of bourbons in this one.

And Jim starts a thread here about the mingling thing again.

Welcome to the board and have fun looking back at the old threads as well as the new ones. There's a wealth of information to be had here. toast.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.