Pappy for Your Pappy

shyster512
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Is anyone going to the Pappy for Your Pappy event this Friday (June 14) at the Buffalo Trace Distillery? My daughter just told me she had ticket for me as my Father's day present. Has anyone been? What should I expect?

Congrats! I've never been, but I'd expect good bourbon and a good time.

This was an incredible trip that I enjoyed immensely with my daughter. It was a great time, sampling superb bourbon, eating an excellent meal, with the Van Winkles providing interesting discussion. I hope I am lucky enough to go back next year. The short tour of Buffalo Trace was fun. I was shocked that the single barrel whiskeys are hand bottled and it was fun talking to those applying the labels, cork, and wax on the "assembly" line. By the way, Julian Van winkle wanted everyone at the event to get the word out that the "Pappy" is not being exported to China or overseas. Nearly all their production is shipped in the good ole USA. It was a great event at a reasonable price.

This was an incredible trip that I enjoyed immensely with my daughter. It was a great time, sampling superb bourbon, eating an excellent meal, with the Van Winkles providing interesting discussion. I hope I am lucky enough to go back next year. The short tour of Buffalo Trace was fun. I was shocked that the single barrel whiskeys are hand bottled and it was fun talking to those applying the labels, cork, and wax on the "assembly" line. By the way, Julian Van winkle wanted everyone at the event to get the word out that the "Pappy" is not being exported to China or overseas. Nearly all their production is shipped in the good ole USA. It was a great event at a reasonable price.

Very glad to hear you had a good time and even better you got to enjoy it with you daughter on fathers day weekend.

I will leave me thoughts in the overseas pappy for another time.

Mike

I will leave me thoughts in the overseas pappy for another time.

OK, I'll bite. What are your thoughts on overseas Pappy?

By the way, Julian Van winkle wanted everyone at the event to get the word out that the "Pappy" is not being exported to China or overseas. Nearly all their production is shipped in the good ole USA.

So I guess he doesn't count Australia as an overseas market? We've been getting small allocations of Pappy for years though a single retail outlet, and our national BT distributor just got Pappy in their regular line-up several months ago. Well I guess he did say "Nearly all their production is shipped in the good ole USA" :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.