What non-whisk(e)y spirit are you drinking?

BigBoldBully
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Bin 27, a daily port pour. Port wine, my second and sometimes first choice when I just want to kick back.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Pulling out a Fonseca '92 later today. Such wonderful stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pulling out a Fonseca '92 later today. Such wonderful stuff.

Nice.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Something must be in the air, y'all.  Friday purchase was a Whiskers Blake that I sipped by the chimenea with an Oliva V last night.  

On 4/16/2017 at 11:59 AM, smokinjoe said:

Something must be in the air, y'all.  Friday purchase was a Whiskers Blake that I sipped by the chimenea with an Oliva V last night.  

Indeed, that is a nice every day tawny that doesn't kill the pocket book.

On 4/16/2017 at 11:59 AM, smokinjoe said:

And here I thought I was the only one who liked WB for BOTH its price and it itself.

Drinking Fortaleza Blanco tequila tonight.  I haven't had a lot of good tequilas, but I really do like this one. 

6 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

And here I thought I was the only one who liked WB for BOTH its price and it itself.

We're in agreement there, Harry.  $15 I think, and a really nice and fruity drinker.  I however, hate Bryce Harper...;)

Just now, smokinjoe said:

We're in agreement there, Harry.  $15 I think, and a really nice and fruity drinker.  I however, hate Bryce Harper...;)

$15 is about what we pay here.  I like it better than some 10YR tawnies costing lots more - Otima, Taylor Fladgate 10YR to name two that I do like, but . . .

Harper?  As well you should - at least whenever he faces Teheran.  15 for 33 with 7 HRs.  OTOH, the Braves are so much better than last year.  The EAST may end up knocking each other off this year.  Bummer.

Fortaleza Blanco tequila once again for me.  I've had this bottle open for a couple years now and am working towards a bottle kill.

Mezcal Vago Tepeztate mezcal this afternoon.  A batch from February 2015, 301.5 liters distilled, 52% ABV.  It's amazing how much different this tastes than tequila. 

Fortaleza Blanco tequila, as I work down the bottle.  Also as an early salute to Cinco de Mayo. :)

Fortaleza Blanco tequila, as I work down the bottle.  Also as an early salute to Cinco de Mayo. [emoji4]

One of my favorite blancos. Makes an excellent margarita but it's even better on its own, I'd say. Feliz Cinco de Mayo!

I'm halfway in the spirit of the holiday myself as I'm drinking the Copper & Kings 3 Marlenas, a 3yo American apple brandy finished for an additional 24 months in tequila barrels. This is fairly tequila-forward, in a good way, with some fruitiness in the mid-palate and finish (likely at least partially from the apple brandy). Weird but good, I think I'll pick up a backup bottle since K&L just discounted it to $20/375ml

3b03aa1162f828a24fa25818b896abf8.jpg

I'm back onto the C&K 3 Marlenas tonight. I'm getting the fruitiness earlier than I did when I tasted it before. The tequila and apple are well integrated and both seem to provide some fruit flavors.

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoying a couple of glasses of Woody Creek Gin with a bit of Roses Lime Juice on ice. It's been a long time...forgot how good a gin and lime can be, especially with good quality gin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ea99181d0062f4f62becc5b1b4c1602c.jpg

Had a pour of this last afternoon. Very creamy, lots of herbs, pepper, a bit of smoke and a chocolatey finish.

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 1:19 PM, Clueby said:

Some Bloody Mary's to start the day off right.

20170529_095057-756x1008.jpg

Yikes! Is that a Bloody Mary or a bloody salad??? :lol:

2 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Yikes! Is that a Bloody Mary or a bloody salad??? :lol:

Gotta get your fruits and veggies servings!

Yikes! Is that a Bloody Mary or a bloody salad??? [emoji38]

My first thought was "shish kebab". I figured it was the what's on the grill thread

Thoroughly enjoying a pour of Yuu Baal Joven Mezcal. 96 proof. Full of smoke & pepper. Absolutely fabulous stuff!

Thoroughly enjoying a pour of Yuu Baal Joven Mezcal. 96 proof. Full of smoke & pepper. Absolutely fabulous stuff!

Sounds nice. Which Yuu Baal Joven did you pick up? I bought a bottle of the Madrecuixe a little while back but haven't opened it yet

Gotta love Friday.

Don Julio Blanco just made it's way to my desk.....:)

Drinking Del Maguey's Chichicapa Mezcal this afternoon.  It's the first bottle of Mezcal that I bought or tasted and I continue to be impressed with it, even after having tried Mezcal Vago's Tempeztate and Wahaka's Tobala, both of which are harder to come by in my area.

I keep finding myself reaching for Real McCoy 12 LE, great pour with more complexity than I am used to with rum, so far.

Amy and I went to a street fair in Tipp City today. It is a small community just 15 minutes from me. A very charming couple were manning a booth for their 2 sons who run a business called Buckeye Distillery. They make 4 different liqueurs: raspberry, apple pie, blackberry, cherry. And, of course vodka: a regular and a pepper. 

As it was, the distillery was only 3 blocks away. There we could try all 6 of their products for $1. What a deal! I was very impressed with all of them. They were all very well crafted and had incredible flavor. We bought the raspberry liqueur and a pepper vodka. We used the liqueur in martinis and margaritas that afternoon, a real delight. We will be buying the other liqueurs in the future for cocktail use.

14977837368451267065130.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.