The French Spirits Forum- Cognac, Armagnac, Calvados

On a whim I grabbed a bottle of Armagnac. I had been to a tasting before that was quite meh, but this is good. I was worried about the low proof but it hasn’t been an issue at all. 

8C7284F5-03A2-455C-BCEC-681259F68D05.jpeg

• I like it 1
  • Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kpiz

• tanstaafl2

• HoustonNit

• WhiskeyBlender

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have to start contributing more here!  I've always enjoyed the info and conversations.  Anyway, I've dove pretty deep into armagnac the last few years.  Without getting too deep into reviews here ar

I wish I had more to add unfortunately, partly due to poor logistics on mine and my in-laws side I really didn’t get to see much more of Calvados than I posted. That along with a cranky kid stuck in

As I’ve changed jobs, one of my customers sent me a text last week saying, “I left you a gift at the front desk of the 4 Seasons”. On Monday I walked across the street from my office to pick my gift u

Posted Images

Radioyada
6 hours ago, mal00768 said:

On a whim I grabbed a bottle of Armagnac. I had been to a tasting before that was quite meh, but this is good. I was worried about the low proof but it hasn’t been an issue at all. 

8C7284F5-03A2-455C-BCEC-681259F68D05.jpeg

One of the stores near me has the exact same bottle, and I really like it. I keep a bottle here at all times, and it has been given as a gift several times to introduce friends to something new. 

• I like it 1
21 hours ago, mal00768 said:

Dartigalongue is a good house.  If you get the chance, try some of their vintage dated, cask strength bottlings. 

• 1 month later...

Wow, is it clear? I am super intrigued by this triple B. Growing up, we had a Montmorency cherry tree in our back yard. It wasn't a chore to pick the cherries, as the benefit was my mom's cherry pie. So, I pretty much love all things cherry. I am looking forward to your thoughts about this drink.

Shared a good bit of this with my employees at our Christmas party tonight…one of Nancy’s favorites, and a fantastic pour at 57 years old (bottled in 2021). 

068E1454-BC02-4E5D-94E1-C4ACE9C527EF.jpeg

• I like it 4