July 2013 Bardstown Whiskey Society email

DPPSmoker
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I received the July 2013 Bardstown Whiskey Society emailtoday. It stated that Paul Pacult released his Top 120 spirits of 2013 recentlyand five Heaven Hill bourbons (and one rye whiskey) were included. But whatreally caught my eye was that one of the bourbons listed was Parker's HeritageCollection Wheated Mashbill Cask Strength (62.1%). I'm not as plugged into thebourbon world as some of the fine folks on this forum are so I'm looking forsome help. Would this wheated mashbill cask strength be the 2010 bottle of PHC?I wouldn't think that the 2010 PHC would be included in Pacult's ratings. Whichthen makes me think this could be the upcoming 2013 bottle. I have not yet seenanything or heard anything about the 2013 PHC bottle so I’m wondering if thisis it. Any thoughts?

Edited by DPPSmoker
Changed Text Color

I received the July 2013 Bardstown Whiskey Society emailtoday. It stated that Paul Pacult released his Top 120 spirits of 2013 recentlyand five Heaven Hill bourbons (and one rye whiskey) were included. But whatreally caught my eye was that one of the bourbons listed was Parker's HeritageCollection Wheated Mashbill Cask Strength (62.1%). I'm not as plugged into thebourbon world as some of the fine folks on this forum are so I'm looking forsome help. Would this wheated mashbill cask strength be the 2010 bottle of PHC?I wouldn't think that the 2010 PHC would be included in Pacult's ratings. Whichthen makes me think this could be the upcoming 2013 bottle. I have not yet seenanything or heard anything about the 2013 PHC bottle so I’m wondering if thisis it. Any thoughts?

I believe the 2013 will be 100 proof. 2012 had a batch in that proof range...

The second batch of the PHC wheated came in at 62.1% ABV, must be what Pacult is referring to.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.