Corazon Van Winkle Anejo tequila?

ThomasH
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I received an email from Hi Times Wine in Costa Mesa, Ca recently introducing several new versions of Corazon tequila. They acquired barrels from Sazerac that had previous held Stagg, Van Winkle, Sazerac rye, and Buffalo Trace bourbons. The version aged in Sazerac rye seems different. I think the marketing is whats really crazy. It made me wonder, WWPT (what would pappy think)?

Thomas

I received an email from Hi Times Wine in Costa Mesa, Ca recently introducing several new versions of Corazon tequila. They acquired barrels from Sazerac that had previous held Stagg, Van Winkle, Sazerac rye, and Buffalo Trace bourbons. The version aged in Sazerac rye seems different. I think the marketing is whats really crazy. It made me wonder, WWPT (what would pappy think)?

Thomas

Drink Spirits reviewed these back in May - link.

They liked the BT Reposado and the ORVW Anejo the best.

Edited by silverfish
fixed typo

I would find it doubtful that these would be any better than any normal barrel aged Corazon tequilas. Marketing and mark up at its best.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.