Foreign Whisky of the Month - August POLL

Virus_Of_Life
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Which do you want for Foreign Whisky of the Month - August?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you want for Foreign Whisky of the Month - August?

• Talisker
    • Ardmore
    • Glenmorangie

Let's keep this money train rolling, vote it out again, one from a previous poll and I think the others had been suggested as well.

I will pull some more odd balls, or less common distilleries into the mix in the coming months as well as some Irish and Japanese soon.

Edited by Virus_Of_Life

Please Talisker! Talisker 10 is the perfect Single Malt. I don't buy it as often due to cost, but oh my. The smell of the sea, the spiciness of ginger, the hint of pepper at the end!

I was a bit sad to see Springbank fall of the poll but Talisker makes a fine replacement. It's my go to malt when traveling because most bars will have it behind the conuter since it is one of the Diageo classic malts. With the insane price increase for the 18 (often see it for $125-$140) the 10 has become the default expression. I did recently 4 different bottles of the 18 at the old price of $70. I cracked one and was surprised by it. But I'll save those notes if/when Talisker is the FWotM.

I was a bit sad to see Springbank fall of the poll but Talisker makes a fine replacement. It's my go to malt when traveling because most bars will have it behind the conuter since it is one of the Diageo classic malts. With the insane price increase for the 18 (often see it for $125-$140) the 10 has become the default expression. I did recently 4 different bottles of the 18 at the old price of $70. I cracked one and was surprised by it. But I'll save those notes if/when Talisker is the FWotM.

Any chance of doing Power's Johns Lane?
OR is this just for scotch

I will throw an Irish distillery into the voting in the next couple of months.

And on that note I think I will call it. The voting is pretty clear even a few for the others will not sway it. Talisker is the Foreign Whisky of the Month for August, 2013.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!