How to Drink Scotch Whisky

LostBottle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hello there. How are you? Quite well, thank you very much. Now pay attention to this video and hold your glass the right way, or he'll kill you. Make sure you toss out your first pour before you ever get started though. Mm...mmmm...mm...mmmm, you obviously have a lot to learn before you can even hope to touch something like Dalmore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2NxmZMW7Ys

Edited by LostBottle

The video raised what I feel are two very fundamental questions:

1) Why have I not ever been drunk with this gentleman?

2) Why has the Queen not made him Sir Richard Paterson?

I remember when that video first came out, seeing it made me want to convert people to the joys of whiskey. The man is the reason I count off the seconds that a dram is on my palate the first time I approach it (one second for every year in the barrel!) even if it stings to try that with a CS 20+ year. Water, time, food accompaniments, my awareness of all the factors that can lend depth to the experience of a dram can pretty much be ascribed to this man and this video. He should be knighted!

The first 20 seconds are useful (i.e. pour crappy Dalmore to clean your glass) but then rather than overpriced, artificially colored crap, the glass should be filled with something more interesting...

Patterson is a showman, without his antics The (:rolleyes:) Dalmore wouldn't sell for the kind of prices only Saudi oil princes can afford.

Edited by portwood

Yep, that was good. Thanks for posting it, LB.

:toast:

First time I've watched this! I thoroughly enjoyed it! My wife had to turn her head to figure out why I busted out laughing. I was watching on my phone with a Bluetooth headset.

Thanks for sharing!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.