If you attended the Festival

brendaj
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Geez it was so good to see all of you.

If I missed saying goodbye, please forgive me. I had an army of family descend on me Saturday. They wanted to see EVERYTHING Bardstown had to offer in half a day... skep.gif

Please post when you read this (if you haven't already... grin.gif). Hope everyone's trip home was a good one.

Humor me, I worry,

Bj

Stacy and I made it back last night, around 5pm. We slept like rocks! We're sorry as well if we didn't get to say goodbye to everyone but we had to get to bed early since we were getting up at 4am to leave. Bettye Jo, Thanks for everything and Mr. Ed, thanks for the bag and 'message' on my car! wink.giflol.gif Well, Thanks to everyone for making this festival such a memorable one!! It was great seeing all the old and many new faces this year, and we both hope to see you all again next year. toast.gif

Jessica and I got home fine between 6-7 pm last night as well, and pretty much collapsed as soon as we got in the door, sleeping like 12-14 hours straight (wow the festival was a lot of fun, but man did it wear me out!).

Sorry to Mark et al that we didnt make it back to the Gazebo in time to say by and glad to hear you got back all right.

TomC

I, too, made it home safe and sound. It was great to see everyone, including a couple of surprise guests. This has become quite the phenomenon. It's fun being part of it.

Same here, and Chuck your film was great, sorry I lost track of you just after, I was with a small group from Ontario and got side-tracked,a nd later I couldn't find you again. Everyone in our group commented on how good the film was. Best wishes.

Gary

To All,

The Patty and I headed back to Lexington about lunch time and arrived safely. Dog is back from the kennel and all children accounted for.

Bourbon Festival Disclaimer (Please fill in your name(s) and the appropriate date(s) below)

I, Ed Phalen (AKA Mister Ed, Pepcyle) do hereby apologize to _______________________ for my behavior on ___________. I take responsibility for any bruised egos, barbs thrown, disparaging remarks, faux pas, crushed toes, vandalized personal possessions, liquor consumed, food eaten, glasses stolen, cigars smoked, doors knocked on after 2AM, vehicles parked too close to, fashions insulted or any other offense not mentioned.

This was truly an amazing experience and I enjoyed finally meeting everyone.

cool.gif

blush.gifblush.gifblush.gifMind if I borrow this letter in response to Weds. night. blush.gifblush.gifblush.gif

In all seriousness, funs was had by all. (and on occasoin a little too much by one).

Tom (Sorry about that glass again, Ed.) C

Tom,

What Glass? Did you end up with Evan Williams Single Barrel?

I only got 46 new glasses at the Gala and two full bottles of whisky and 30 of those green bags. My wife is thankful when I give them away, lose or break them.

Actually, I stole the basic apology from guy who had it printed on the back of his business card. Feel free to use it.

cool.gif

If you have the glass, enjoy it.

cool.gif

hahaha grin.giflaugh.gif Thanks for the bag, ed... (and thanks for not banging my car with those big van doors grin.gif)

see you next year

-chris

Hi everybody!

I made it back safe and sound around 10:30 Sunday evening. All the barbecue sauce made it back, too, and all as baggage on Delta! Two of the boxes were inspected by TASA, but apparently they already had enough sauce in the back.

I tried to sign on from the Crown Room at the Atlanta airport between planes, but the forum address was blocked by the "protect yourself from yourself" software! I'll try the IP address directly next time. Maybe Barrel_Proof can outwit the kiddie-proof software!

I've stepped right back into a firestorm at work, so will have to make this quick. I just want to thank everyone I met at the festival for welcoming me into the group. I haven't had so much fun in a long, long time. I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard for hours and hours on end, day after day, like that. The days were fun, the distillery tours great, but the nights at the gazebo were hilarious, unforgettable evenings. The bourbon wasn't bad either. Was that table Friday night amazing, or what?

Many, many thanks to you all. It was a great, good time. I look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Warm regards, all 'round, my friends.

Ed,

Glad all is safe and sound.

I just want to thank you and The Patty ( lol.gif ) for thinking to bring me the recipes from the Bourbon Cooking thing. I'll scan and post them asap.

And, I'm real sorry I didn't bring my camera to the Gazebo Thursday night. Patty looked drop-dead-gorgeous, and you were pretty dapper in those spats... grin.gif

Bj

There is only one thing that can be said in reply to such a fine post:

<font color="red"> BBBBBBBBBBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

</font>

TomC

Was that table Friday night amazing, or what?

Did anyone get a photo of it? The folks who didn't attend would like to see it. And I am sure a few that did attend may need to be reminded as they may not remember much from that evening. wink.gif

No the Jim Beam one I used on Friday, and gave away the next day in the confusion.

LOL thanx for being so forgiving.

TomC

Brenda and everyone,

Nancy and I left B'town at 5 AM today (Mon), and drove thru LOTS of rain. It took about 15 hours (egads!), but we made it home, safe and sound (well, Nancy is sound, but me, that's another matter!).

We both had a blast at the entire event, and enjoyed meeting everyone. The GAZEBO was an interesting adventure every night, with lots of good bourbon, conversation, and a few laughs here and there. As was said last evening, the GAZEBO was (is) the spiritual center of the Bourbon Festival.

Here's to all of our new friends! toast.gif Thanks for welcoming us into the group, and the festival will be a long remembered event. See ya next year!

Bob and Nancy

I'm back. Safe, sound, tired, and real confused about what time of day it is. Gotta get some sleep!

It's good to know everyone else returned home safely as well.

Chuck,

I'm really sorry, but no, I didn't get a photo of the table this year. To tell the truth, I tried several times, but could never get a clear shot. There were just so many people packed into that Gazebo. It was standing room only, and spilling out into the grass and parking lot.

Bj

He said he was gonna take most of the rest of the week to meander his way back to FLA. I dont know if he will have access to a computer till he gets back.

TomC

To All:

Peggy and I had a great time at the festival. We attended the Gala for the first time Saturday night which was fantastic. However, the best time was Friday night at the Gazebo where we had the pleasure of seeing some old friends and the opportunity of meeting some new ones.

We wish everyone the best and hope to see them next year.

Todd & Peggy

As a relatively new Bourbon true appreciator, I was guided (by Providence, I believe) first to this website (just a week or so before the festival), then to the festival, then to the Best Western (got a room when I arrived on Thursday not knowing it was the center for StraightBourbonites for the festival), and finally, to the Gazebo where I was able to meet some of you. The whole festival was a joy and the table spread at the Gazebo on Friday night was one of the most beautiful sights I have ever seen (of course, not including members of the female persuasion).

I enjoyed meeting and talking with you all and now look forward to being a part of this website--and learning tons!

Much thanks to Jim, et al!!

Paul

Hey Paul, Glad you decided to join up We're glad to have you toast.gif You experienced this group at its finest this past weekend. Your indoctrination has begun and soon you will be completely foregoing all other forms of whiskey and alcohol. It's a wild ride, so hang on! lol.gif

Welcome as well Paul. There's a wealth of information to be had here and fun as well. Glad you made it to the festival and got a room at the general nelson to boot. toast.gif

Paul,

Welcome to the group! I remember when you walked up.

I was guided (by Providence, I believe) first to this website (just a week or so before the festival), then to the festival, then to the Best Western (got a room when I arrived on Thursday not knowing it was the center for StraightBourbonites for the festival), and finally, to the Gazebo

You were meant to be here, kismet indeed.

bj

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.