Grilled peach infused bourbon

Enoch
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I read about this on the Internet and tried it. Grill a peach and drop the slices in a jar of bourbon for three days. Remove slices and chill. Mighty fine.

What infusions have you tried?

That sounds pretty good. I bet it would make a great old fashioned or manhattan. It is not bourbon, but I infused jalapeños in Tequila (should not be a bottom shelf brand) for 36 hours. I then made margaritas with it. Fantastic!! Margarita recipe:

- Tequila infused with Jalapeños - 2 0Zs

- Whole lime

- Agave nectar 2 ozs

Mike

That sounds pretty good. I bet it would make a great old fashioned or manhattan. It is not bourbon, but I infused jalapeños in Tequila (should not be a bottom shelf brand) for 36 hours. I then made margaritas with it. Fantastic!! Margarita recipe:

- Tequila infused with Jalapeños - 2 0Zs

- Whole lime

- Agave nectar 2 ozs

Mike

I learned to do that at Booger Reds in Ft. Worth, TX. They called them Anita-ritas after the owner's wife or some such story and now it is the only way I like Margaritas. I keep a bottle of infused Tequila all the time.

Also the peach-infused bourbon is nice straight after being chilled.

I learned to do that at Booger Reds in Ft. Worth, TX. They called them Anita-ritas after the owner's wife or some such story and now it is the only way I like Margaritas. I keep a bottle of infused Tequila all the time.

Also the peach-infused bourbon is nice straight after being chilled.

It is funny you mention that it is the only way you drink them now, my wife and neighbor keep pestering me because that is the only way yet will drink them now as well. I am getting more tequila tonight to do it again. This time it will be a handle. Do you refrigerate the tequila after infused? I read a recipe that said it was required to do so. Seems like the alcohol content is high enough to keep it sterile.

Mike

I've done bananas, bacon (too salty for my taste), peanut/peanut butter, and cacoa nibs (bitter, dark chocolate). So far, the peanut/peanut butter has been my favorite. Throw in a bit of the chocolate stuff - and you've got liquid Snickers :)

Not with bourbon but I have done a strawberry infused rum. Everyone that tried it loved it. Can give a detailed recipe if anyone wants it.

It is funny you mention that it is the only way you drink them now, my wife and neighbor keep pestering me because that is the only way yet will drink them now as well. I am getting more tequila tonight to do it again. This time it will be a handle. Do you refrigerate the tequila after infused? I read a recipe that said it was required to do so. Seems like the alcohol content is high enough to keep it sterile.

Mike

I have always left it out and kept it for up to a year with no problems. Even my next door neighbor who goes to Mexico about once a month and brings me back some fantastic tequilas has become a fan. I currently use Agavales which is very cheap for a 100% agave and it works well.

Not with bourbon but I have done a strawberry infused rum. Everyone that tried it loved it. Can give a detailed recipe if anyone wants it.
\

I'd love to know the recipe.

I've done bananas, bacon (too salty for my taste), peanut/peanut butter, and cacoa nibs (bitter, dark chocolate). So far, the peanut/peanut butter has been my favorite. Throw in a bit of the chocolate stuff - and you've got liquid Snickers :)

OMG. I have many new things to try. I tried bacon grease once but it didn't turn out to well but I may have done something wrong. I'm going for bananas next. Did you just drop globs of peanut butter in some bourbon?

OMG. I have many new things to try. I tried bacon grease once but it didn't turn out to well but I may have done something wrong. I'm going for bananas next. Did you just drop globs of peanut butter in some bourbon?

No, I took some dry roasted, unsalted peanuts and sauteed them gently until they were just golden brown (and releasing some of their oils). I dumped them in a jar, along with a glob of peanut butter, then filled it with OFS. Took about a week before it was good to go - strained through a mesh strainer, than a coffee filter. Per the internet, it should keep for several months (although mine won't have that problem!)

With bananas, less is more. I used most of a banana in a jar, and it was TOO banana-y. I kept diluting it with GTS trying to over-power the banana (it was originally stepped in EWBL).

This recipe makes a strawberry liqueur so has added sugar. Fill a 1Q mason jar with frozen strawberries. Fresh strawberries should still be put in the freezer for a day. In a small pot put equal parts sugar and water and heat until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and add an equal part rum. The rum should be a high proof, heavy bodied type. I use a 120pr homemade from 100% molasses(don't ask where I get it from). Pour the rum mix over the strawberries and add a few drops of lemon juice to hold the color. Leave out for a few days. Drink. You can also toss in a blender with some ice for a daiquiri. One friend really likes to use the strawberries on ice cream.

The rum should be a high proof, heavy bodied type. I use a 120pr homemade from 100% molasses(don't ask where I get it from).

Hmm, and just how is that rum on its own? Sounds like it has potential! As long as it is not from a Halawa toilet...

:bigeyes:

Hmm, and just how is that rum on its own? Sounds like it has potential! As long as it is not from a Halawa toilet...

:bigeyes:

It's got a nice big flavor. Not much of a rum person myself but those that had it liked it a lot. When you come out to Hawaii again I will get you a sample.

It's got a nice big flavor. Not much of a rum person myself but this hat grid it liked it a lot. When you come out to Hawaii again I will get you a sample.

I look forward to it!

Sounds like potcheen.
It does, doesn't it?

Or throw a little ti root in it and you have Okolehao!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.