CH Distillery

Lost Pollito
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just read about a new distillery located 7 blocks away from our S. Loop store.

http://www.chdistillery.com/press.html

This is also on my way home, so I plan on stopping by very soon. Looks like they are only making white spirits. Either way, I always welcome someone that is actually making spirit. Has anyone else visited this place? I plan on trying some of the salumi.

There is another one opening late Summer on Milwaukee, just south of Fullerton, too. Its called Chicago Distilling Company. I think they plan on aging some spirits.

While I'm pleased to see more Chicago-based distilling, I have my reservations. It's a good sign that they aren't boarding the vodka train by bottling flashy sourced NGS, but the only product that catches my eye is the rum with a touch of blackstrap in the mashbill.

The cocktail bar menu features nothing of great promise. For the premiere cocktails, I'd hope for drinks that weren't flavored vodka drinks or easy riffs on modern classics. The food is simple, which isn't bad, but expensive, which is. Without reviews to reassure me that the food quality befits the price, not the liquor nor the bar nor the food tempt me there.

Still, in spite of my skepticism, I always wish success upon any honest distiller, and I'll happily reverse my opinion if they put out good product. If you do end up dropping by, please share your thoughts with us.

Edited by Alphanumeric

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.