Japanese Whisky - Getting some traction in the US

ChainWhip
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I was a little hesitant to click on that link, but since I'm home I gave it a shot. Love me some Hibiki!

I'm glad that more of this is coming to the states.

Been jealous of Paris who has had a Japanese whiskey bar for the past couple of years.

I just got off a cruise where I drank the hell out of Nikka From the Barrel. I like Yamazaki 12 a lot and Hibiki 12 is great too. I have to pick up more of the latter from P/S next month.

Any cause for concern regarding post-tsunami bottles from Japan?

The glow makes them easier to find in a dark liquor cabinet!

I was a little hesitant to click on that link, but since I'm home I gave it a shot. Love me some Hibiki!

Was wondering why you posted that but now that I'm viewing on my desktop, I can see why you were hesitant - LMAO!

My spreading the love comment no doubt helped allay your fears ;-)

Geez, I love the Noiguchi museum, used to go by there all the time when I lived in Queens. I wish I had known about this event, I would have loved to taste the Yamazaki 25 or Hibiki 21. Is there going to be a repeat, and if so when?!? Internet research here I come. Thanks for the link CW.

:slappin:Like ChainWhip it took me a minute too

I'm glad that more of this is coming to the states.

I like Yamazaki 12 a lot and Hibiki 12 is great too.

I've had a bottle of the Yamazaki 12 open for a while. It was my first Japanese whisky

and I bought it out of curiosity and to fill out an order. It's a bit different but a nice

change of page.

I haven't sampled much else along those lines but do have a K&L 1999 Karuizawa on the

way and am looking forward to trying that one.

I haven't sampled much else along those lines but do have a K&L 1999 Karuizawa on the way and am looking forward to trying that one.

Looking forward to your impressions on that one.

I'd love to try some, but unfortunately the bar for entry is quite high around these parts: $60 for the basic Yamazaki 12 and Nikka Pure Malt 12. I'm new enough to whiskey in general that there are plenty of bottles substantially less costly than those and from most accounts, better also.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.