Why no 10 year Rittenhouse?

whiskeyobsessive
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Was there just enough production at 354 for the BIB? Or did older barrel's go to NDP's? (I'm looking at you, new bottles of Michter's 10...). Since they've been making Rittenhouse at B-F since 1996, you'd think there are a few older barrels around... I assume with the increased procuction and DSP-1 we may see this from Heaven Hill directly, but that's got to be another 5 years.

Just having a late morning and dreaming about a future aged rye glut once clear liquor and cocaine become popular again.

Well, they had some old rye already released as the Rittenhouse 21 and 25 year expressions but what they have aging now is anybody's guess. Some 10-12-15 year releases would be nice though.

There was(is) a Ritt 10 year but I have only seen it in pictures from around 2006 or so. It may have been sold only overseas. The bottle was identical to the current BIB except for a neck band that states 10 years old. Also 700 ml.

Edited by Enoch

Forgot about that one but yes, 700 mil is export size. For that matter HH has a history of sending older expressions overseas.

There was(is) a Ritt 10 year but I have only seen it in pictures from around 2006 or so. It may have been sold only overseas. The bottle was identical to the current BIB except for a neck band that states 10 years old. Also 700 ml.

Something new to hunt for! I personally think that 12-15 CS Rittenhouse would send me over the moon with happiness. Here's to hoping it becomes a reality one day!

Something new to hunt for! I personally think that 12-15 CS Rittenhouse would send me over the moon with happiness. Here's to hoping it becomes a reality one day!

I know. The first time I saw a pic I thought I want one of those.

If HH is listening - WE WANT RITT 10 BIB!! Hell - it doesn't even have to be BIB, but 10 yr Rittenhouse sounds delicious :yum:

There was a Rittenhouse 10 for a while under the HH aegis, initially export only but I think some was sold in the U.S. I saw it on Gazebo tables. Excellent it was.

Gary

A mixture of ECBP and GD 114 should come pretty close. At 51% rye grain Ritt passes for a Bourbon with most palates.

A mixture of ECBP and GD 114 should come pretty close. At 51% rye grain Ritt passes for a Bourbon with most palates.

Hmm . . . that sounds like a good mingle. Quick - to the bat cave!

Sounds pretty good, but at an average of 20% rye and 5 years (please correct me if I'm wrong), I'm not sure it exactly fits the aged, rye whiskey bill. The 21/23/25 you mentioned certainly do (had a bottle of the 21 and am saving a 23), but they really pretty overpriced. Really, I'm just sad that we are entering a older rye drought. BP would be phenomenal, 100 proof nice, but really I'd just like to see some age.

You guys are greedy. I'd settle for a 10 year old BiB. Hell, an 8 year old BiB. That goes for bourbon, too.

Sounds pretty good, but at an average of 20% rye and 5 years (please correct me if I'm wrong), I'm not sure it exactly fits the aged, rye whiskey bill. . . . Really, I'm just sad that we are entering a older rye drought.

Grand Dad 114 has traditionally been around 8 years old and the mash bill is about 30% rye, but no, it would not be the same which is why I said close, more in the nature of suggesting a flavor profile.

Other than WT, Beam/Overholt, HH brands and Van Winkle Old Time I don't recall any other American Ryes on local shelves in years past and certainly no old ones until Sazerac 18 made it's debut.

You guys are greedy. I'd settle for a 10 year old BiB. Hell, an 8 year old BiB. That goes for bourbon, too.

I'm not biting unless it's barrel-proof, non chill-filtered, comes with a mail-in rebate, and is sold with a little 50 ml sampler of the 21 yr. dangling around the neck.

Grand Dad 114 has traditionally been around 8 years old and the mash bill is about 30% rye, but no, it would not be the same which is why I said close, more in the nature of suggesting a flavor profile.

Other than WT, Beam/Overholt, HH brands and Van Winkle Old Time I don't recall any other American Ryes on local shelves in years past and certainly no old ones until Sazerac 18 made it's debut.

All I wanted was a new label on the BIB (I think it's BY FAR the ugliest, most out-dated label out there. It looks like mid-90's MS-PAINT artwork...) but the thought of a 10 year old release really ups the stakes!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.