finger lakes tour

tmckenzie
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have had several members come by in the last few months, I think they enjoyed stopping in. So consider this an open invite to everyone here, if your are up our way, feel free to stop by.

• 1 month later...

Giving this a little bump as I just found it. My mom lives just across the lake so the next time I'm out there I'll be sure to stop in and say hello. looking forward to it.

• 9 months later...

I wanted to add my 2 cents to this post. I stopped in last summer to Finger Lakes Distilling. We did our tasting and the products were great. My favorite was the bourbon of course followed by the pot still and then the rye. I asked the gentleman behind the counter if Tom was around as I knew he posted here from time to time. He said he was and led us down onto the floor of the distillery. I introduced myself and my brother-in-law and Tom gave us a great tour. It was my first - I'll always remember it...but I digress. Tom showed us his collection of old bottles that I got the impression were more for reference of smell than that of taste. Since I was fairly new to bourbon at the time it struck me as odd but I have now come to see why he would practice his craft this way. He let us sample a barrel he had put up after drawing a sample with a thief. It was great! After that he let his employee take us down to the rick house. I'll never forget that smell. It was amazing. Overall the tasting, impromptu tour, and Tom's hospitality were great. I recommend anyone in the area to stop by.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.