Jack Daniels By The Barrel

Gillman
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Sorry, I put this in the wrong thread: I meant to put it in the bourbon one (albeit not technically bourbon).

Gary

Edited by p_elliott

Sorry, I put this in the wrong thread: I meant to put it in the bourbon one (albeit not technically bourbon).

Gary

I wonder if they're really getting many takers on that (and how that works - certainly they're not shipping a full barrel to the store?)

Edited by p_elliott

That's right, normally they would ship the bottles from the barrel, maybe send the empty barrel to display (in fact that wouldn't be novel IIRC). More info will be good but anytime someone talks barrels it gets my attention. Certain things are appealing in quantity (whiskey, beer, Reggiano Parmesan or farmhouse cheddar, good BBQ, Randy's Texas/German sausages). :)

Gary

Not sure if the link will work, but this offers some more info on the barrel program:

http://www.jackdaniels.com/by-the-barrel

For what it's worth, last I heard from a local Brown Foreman employee, it costs $20000 to buy a barrel of SB and get it shipped here to Australia. People do it, but it's usually group buys or bars.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.