Heading to KY Wednesday

bjhowell
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Flying to louisville on Wednesday night. Have a thing to do on Thursday at the shoot at Knob Creek Gun Range. But Friday planning to go to Buffalo Trace, Four Roses and Willet before we fly out that night to go to NYC for WhiskeyFest. Anyone know if they have any Sm Batch LE at the Gift Shop?

Flying to louisville on Wednesday night. Have a thing to do on Thursday at the shoot at Knob Creek Gun Range. But Friday planning to go to Buffalo Trace, Four Roses and Willet before we fly out that night to go to NYC for WhiskeyFest. Anyone know if they have any Sm Batch LE at the Gift Shop?

They did have some but I imagine it's gone by now. I'm sure they have some fantastic GS SB there for purchase. I've always found them to be a great pickup.

Also sling some lead down range for me. It's been awhile since I've been there.

I was there yesterday, didn't see any LE SmB 2013 and I'm pretty sure if they had it, they would've told me about it. They did have some 12yr 7 month OESK that I tried (and bought) and I thought it was fantastic! If the BTAC wasn't around the corner, I would've gotten more :grin:. Have fun and enjoy your trip.

I don't want to rain on your parade but you will be very hard pressed to visit BT, FR and Willett in one day - at least good visits. Each tour can be up to 1 hour or longer. By the time you factor in gift shop time and travel time between distilleries, you will be very challenged to accomplish all three visits. Especially when most distilleries begin their last tour each day at 3:00PM. At any rate, I'm sure you will have a great time.

Last year managed to do the BT Hard Hat tour, Barton tour, Willet and still had time to stop at heaven Hill. Took some planning, but it's doable.

I visited both Four Roses gift shops (distillery and bottling) over the weekend and there was absolutely no LE SmB left at either location. Thanks to Eric in Elizabethtown, I did manage to get one bottle. But as KySalesRep mentioned, they do have some private selection gift shop bottles available right now...I got three each of the OBSK, OESK, and OESO. Can't wait to crack them open...I'm especially looking forward to the OESK since one of my recent favorite 4R single barrels came from a barrel adjacent to that one.

I visited both Four Roses gift shops (distillery and bottling) over the weekend and there was absolutely no LE SmB left at either location. Thanks to Eric in Elizabethtown, I did manage to get one bottle. But as KySalesRep mentioned, they do have some private selection gift shop bottles available right now...I got three each of the OBSK, OESK, and OESO. Can't wait to crack them open...I'm especially looking forward to the OESK since one of my recent favorite 4R single barrels came from a barrel adjacent to that one.

Sounds like quite the haul, great job! I think you will enjoy all of those bottles, I know I'm enjoying the OESK right now :grin:

Just finished a busy day. Hit Buffalo trace as soon as they opened for the tour. Then went to Four Roses for a private tour. Left there and went to Willett, dropped into the gift shop at Heaven Hill and stopped into Liquor World in Bardstown. Today did not suck!

Just finished a busy day. Hit Buffalo trace as soon as they opened for the tour. Then went to Four Roses for a private tour. Left there and went to Willett, dropped into the gift shop at Heaven Hill and stopped into Liquor World in Bardstown. Today did not suck!

Two gift shop bottling s at four roses and a vintage 23 rye at Willett. The rye was bloody expensive but he'll I'm on vacation!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.