Peg Leg Porker TN Bourbon Whiskey

theglobalguy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Another of the TN based products i was able to try in Nashville this weekend.

Story as i understand it, local BBQ pitmaster wanted his own bourbon for in his restaurant...connected with Best Spirits (distributor) and Speakeasy Spirits (did the bottling, as noted on the label).

Impressions:

- Bottle is again dead ringer for ER10 or BTAC even, must have been a deal if they bought by the truckload

- Found at 4 or 5 shops in reasonable quantities, though only a few seemed to know anything about it.

- Had a taste profile similar to BT, though bottle marked as TN whiskey and at least one of the stores flagged it as Prichards (i'm assuming a variant of their TN whiskey with non-charcoal filtering?)

- Not bad, but along with the Cumberland Cask i posted a short while ago...really not memorable or different enough from BT products to justify buying. Cool story, and kudos to the Peg Leg guy for taking the risk.

Anyone else tried?

Saw it on the shelf last week. I asked my trusted whiskey guy and he said it was sourced from Dickle. I thought the labeling and packaging was very dull and unattractive

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.