[POLL] One single family of bourbon

CL
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

VW or WT?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. VW or WT?

• Van Winkle
    • Wild Turkey

Chuck,

Can it be that you posted this poll in 2003, and no one responded until 2006?

No matter.

Cost considerations aside, I would unhesitatingly go with . . . [hesitation] . . .

What I mean to say is . . . er . . . ah . . .

Now I see why no one responded for three years. I'll think it over and get back to you. :grin: Check back sometime in 2009.

Edited to add: Oh, I see now. Lots of folks voted, but no one posted a reply until today. Even that is a little strange, though.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Nice to see all the recent activity. I've been out of the game for a while, but if I were to get back in, I would go back to all those I sold my stash to and beg for the VW Special Reserve Lot B. Nectar of the gods.

Hidden

For those of ya new here...

CL (real name Chuck :grin: ) was the first to "create" the post :

What are bourbon you drinking now?

Bettye Jo

Nice to see all the recent activity. I've been out of the game for a while, but if I were to get back in, I would go back to all those I sold my stash to and beg for the VW Special Reserve Lot B. Nectar of the gods.
Hidden

For those who can read deleted posts or have a email receipt...

My mom left it logged in her account. I accidentally posted to it under her name.

I had a difficult time when I made my selection in this thread. Since reading through the thread I do not wish to change my mind, I still prefer the VW to the WT. It is a choice that I would make again, but hasten to say that my admiration and support of both labels is well known by those that know me.

As a matter of fact when I disclosed my choice several comments were made in surprise.

As much as I like VW, I had to vote for WT. I go to WT more often than I do VW. Part of that is probably availability, but if I want to go a bit out of my way I can get it. The thing is, I have to be in the mood for a wheater. All that I have tried of the Van Winkles have been wheaters. Wild Turkey I can enjoy anytime. I do have to get a hold of some of the VW Family Reserve Rye.

Ed

Is there any other distillery for which we can vote?

;)

There is if we start a new poll!

Ed

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.