Westland Distillery - American Single Malts

ChainWhip
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Can the term "whisk(e)y" finally be used to talk about one particular commodity?

Do you mean that we somehow now put the (e) on everything in some sort of official manner?

I finally got my hands on a bottle - to my dismay of paying the current asking price. Man, this stuff is as delicious as I remembered. I wish it had just a bit more age on it but for the most part, the new oak takes care of the malt-forwardness in the respect. One of my favorite parts of this whiskey though is the taste. It is a really great, roasted chocolate finish. Almost like a porter or stout sans any hop profile. Not sure if they are really worth the asking price as a daily drinker but so, so interesting. PA will be getting a Single Barrel of Westland that will be a CS version of the American Oak offering and I am excited to see how that pans out. I really want to try the peated and the sherry now!

• 1 month later...

Sounds like they are making some good stuff out in the Pacific Northwest. That said, upwards of $90 for a 2-3 year old single malt seems a bit steep. Might still give it a try...but the bar is set pretty high when you drop that kind of coin on such a young whiskey.

Edited by md222

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.