Goose Island Lolita

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have been bugging some of the guys at work to split a case of Goose Island Lolita.

Six 750ml bottles to a case at $14.10 per bottle.

Finally we got enough people to do this.

FYI, I work at an Anheuser-Busch beer distributor and that price is wholesale.

This is a Belgian style beer that has been finished for 8 months in French Oak barrels that contain Cabernet Sauvignon with raspberries added.

Can't wait to try it but not tonight,...(I've had to much Old Forester Signature).

rsz_goose_010_zps0238d2dc.jpg

Welcome to the world of sour beers. I hope you brought your checkbook if you enjoy your stay.

Lolita is solid but the belgian Lambic blends known as Gueze are on another level.

I can't wait to try the new GI wild ales/sours.

Of the three sisters, the three sour beers that GI makes with lady names, Madame Rose, Lolita, Juliet, I like Juliet the most as I think the blackberries and wine barrels are a very good complement. As they are, I think these beers have been great products from GI in the past, although I haven't had a bottling newer than 2011.

As Eric says, sour beers are a damn expensive libation, even compared to whiskey. However, if you do like it and want to trade whiskey for some sour beers let me know, I have an extensive collection of cellar lambics and American Wilds I would trade for bourbon.

Cheers

OK, I'm giving it a go now.

Into the 2nd glass and I don't know what to think of it.

I've never had this style before.

It looks and pours like a cider with no head and a copper like amber color.

A berry like aroma came up after I opened the bottle.

Taste of mild sour/tart orchard fruits that I did not like at first but it is quickly growing on me.

However the body does seem thin and quick.

A clean but lingering finish that seems somewhat dry and reminds me of wine.

This would pair well with any of your favorite food that you eat with wine like cheeses or other appetizers.

But then what doesn't go good with food.

Again I have to say I'm not sure what to think of it, still new to me.

Maybe I'll try some of Lolita's sisters and see how they fare.

I like Juliet the most as I think the blackberries and wine barrels are a very good complement.

That one does sound good, I'd like to try it.

Found a couple of Pere Jacques from 2011 this week that came home w me.

We've got some in the warehouse that was bottled Feb 2013.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.