ISLAY Distillery Factoids

ChainWhip
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Our local total wine has that for $19 plus tax, so call it $25 or so all together. Is that worth it? I've never tried theirs.

It's 5-7 year old Bowmore if that means anything. I liked their Highland selection (Glen Garoich) when it came out years back but the last bottle I bought was noticeably youngish. Good price for a single malt though.

It's 5-7 year old Bowmore if that means anything. I liked their Highland selection (Glen Garoich) when it came out years back but the last bottle I bought was noticeably youngish. Good price for a single malt though.

How does that compare with Bowmore Legend? That was one of our always stocked whiskeys since my wife enjoyed it so much but after the change to private liquor sales the price went up ~50%. This is right along the old price range.

Younger is all I can say which seems to be a permanent trend for both malts and blends, unfortunately. Only Bourbon fits into a sentence which includes the words quality and reasonably priced.

Younger is all I can say which seems to be a permanent trend for both malts and blends, unfortunately. Only Bourbon fits into a sentence which includes the words quality and reasonably priced.

I got a bottle of the current Black Bottle a few months ago. It's totally drinkable and at ~$20 a decent price/value IMO. Definitely young, would love to try the older versions, but I don't hate this one. Vatting it with some odds and ends seems like a good idea too.

Reminds me I did come across a rather dusty tax-stamped old handle of Teachers I might have to go back for.

More on topic, nice reference material, thanks CW!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.