7 yr weller special reserve

rutterb
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

was in a store this evening and they had the 7 yr weller with a paper label. price was $20. is this a good deal? they did have one 12 yr weller, but i already have two from this year.

I would snatch them up at that price. I bought mine (Frankfort on the label) for $15 and they are great!

It sounds reasonable to me, still cheaper than Makers Mark. I think I paid $35 for a handle of paper labeled Weller SR a year or two ago.

That is a bit cheaper than I see WSR for in PA, and I'd even pay a bit extra for the old-style label. Also, I think they may have dropped the age statement (might have just been the OWA that lost it).

That is a bit cheaper than I see WSR for in PA, and I'd even pay a bit extra for the old-style label. Also, I think they may have dropped the age statement (might have just been the OWA that lost it).

Nope. WSR joined the NAS ranks a while back.

3-4 years, maybe? Look for stamp on bottom of bottle. WSR is $9.99 in ATL.

The $20 price is fairly decent. That's close to being in line, especially considering some probable recent price hikes. Sometimes, I can still find it on sale around here for $16-$18, but that's for the current stuff. Do the bottles you found say distilled in Louisville? If so, don't hesitate. Buy some.

Damn Joe, it's ~$18 here.

I don't understand GA pricing. I go to Augusta a couple of times a year to get handles of WSR for $19.99 ea. They are $33-35 in SC. Usually get 4 cases.

I have 9.99 NAS WSR, I wouldn't pay more. Its a mixer only and will likely last me till doomsday. Would have liked to try the 7yr.

4 years sounds right for the demise of paper labels. WSR then went NAS about a year ago?

Yes, all paper labels are age stated. I believe the change to NAS was around early 2012?

Yes, all paper labels are age stated. I believe the change to NAS was around early 2012?

Bruce, that sounds right. I remember going down to local and buying 3 handles of the 7yr at $19.99 handle. Still have 2 of them in the bunker.

I can still find the 7 year age stated stuff around. I haven't done a head-to-head of the 7yo vs the NAS yet, though I have had them both. I'll still buy Weller SR over Maker's any day!

I was able to find some paper a label while back and did a head to head against the NAS. It was night and day difference for me. I have one in the bunker and thinking about getting some more.

• 2 weeks later...

I am stumped. Noticed a case of WSR with the Louisville address rather than Frankfort. The box was stamped 9/9/2013. Does this make any sense?!?

I am stumped. Noticed a case of WSR with the Louisville address rather than Frankfort. The box was stamped 9/9/2013. Does this make any sense?!?

Sazerac has operations in Louisville. Possible case box was routed/stamped through there. Now if it's on the label you have a case of something awol for many years.

And because we strive to be the internet's foremost source of bourbon information :cool:, Sazerac has an administrative office at 10401 Linn Station Road, Louisville. The press release from 2/2/2010 said employees will handle accounting and shipping functions.

Edited by T Comp

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.