James Oliver Rye?

GaryT
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Saw this in a store today, never seen/heard of it before. Made by Indio Spirits Distillery in Oregon (or at least bottled by them), it is 100 proof, NAS, and not "straight" (so could be aged for any period of time). Stupid me forgot to write the price down, but think it was about $30. Anyone try this yet? $30 for NAS rye seems a bit much, although I was pleasantly surprised by the James E Pepper NAS rye (although that was a couple bucks less).

Google tells me it's 4 yr, KY produced/aged. At least that's what Hitimewine shows it as. Label acts like produced and bottled in OR?

Google tells me it's 4 yr, KY produced/aged. At least that's what Hitimewine shows it as. Label acts like produced and bottled in OR?

Well, the label lists the distillery as Indio Spirits Distillery (which looked to me like it was in OR). I'll stop by the store to check the other label (the front doesn't mention bottled/produced/distilled location, so maybe I just assumed OR based on the distillery name).

Well, the label lists the distillery as Indio Spirits Distillery (which looked to me like it was in OR). I'll stop by the store to check the other label (the front doesn't mention bottled/produced/distilled location, so maybe I just assumed OR based on the distillery name).

I can save you a trip....

http://lh4.ggpht.com/-09g8k34JltM/USVvFP0uW_I/AAAAAAAAGQ8/Md7yZLoo_RQ/s1600-h/image%25255B3%25255D.png

Thanks TGG! So it does say "produced and bottled" by a place in Oregon, but who knows where it is actually made. May have to buy one just to find out.

The distillery is just a little over a year old so they didn't make a four year old whisky.

Gary,

Go ahead and bring the bottle over tonight and we'll figure this out together. :grin:

I would, but can't participate for another 10 grueling days :( But I do plan on picking one up and bringing it to the next GBS event :D Or the gazebo, whichever comes first!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.