Nant Single Malt

squire
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have not tried it yet, but want to. Nant have a bar/outlet in my city (Brisbane) so I intend to visit for a taste at some point.

I have family living in Tasmania, so a distillery tour in the future is also a possibility.

I will be sure to report back when I eventually try it.

Cheers

Matt

Mildly curious, they haven't been around long but seem to be doing things the traditional way.

Yea, there is a budding whisky industry in Australia, especially Tasmania, which is great to see.

I look forward to the growth of new producers like this.

Nant has a pretty good reputation in the Aussie whisk(e)y societies. I haven't tried it myself - I'm not a fan of anything Scotch tasting, but my Dad and a close friend who are both Scotch fans did try some late last year at Whiskey Live... They rated it quite highly, but said they'd probably never buy a bottle based the cost.

On a side note, that was the 2nd or 3rd time I'd seen Nant at whiskey tastings, and they tend to have fairly attractive ladies dishing out samples instead of bearded men in kilts.... that to me rates them highly regardless of how the whisk(e)y tastes :D:D

• 3 weeks later...

Good stuff but WAY overpriced, could be said for a lot of Aussie whiskys. Our government needs to sort its shit out, taxes are ridiculous, these guys dont want to be selling their stuff for this much, competition is tough for them but they continue because, well, who wouldnt want to make whisky for a living?!

Back to Nant, whatever juice it was that Jim Murray jizzed himself over a couple years ago, yeh that was the good stuff, would I buy it? Not at the 2-300 per 500ml it was going for.

I would however consider actually buying some of the Overeem cask strength, from memory I prefered the port cask over the sherry.

Edited by onemorepour

• 2 weeks later...

Funny you mention Jim Murray.

Nant is doing (did?) a tasting dinner with him as the host. I know there is one done in Sydney at the Four Seasons hotel but I can remember if they were doing other states.

3 course meal, signed copy of the Bible 2014 and a bottle of Nant. All that for the small price of $250.

Funny you mention Jim Murray.

Nant is doing (did?) a tasting dinner with him as the host. I know there is one done in Sydney at the Four Seasons hotel but I can remember if they were doing other states.

3 course meal, signed copy of the Bible 2014 and a bottle of Nant. All that for the small price of $250.

Minature bottle too...

Why anyone would eat at a hotel restaurant outside of a work trip or vacation escapes me, but each to their own.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.