Bloody Mary recipe

Ejmharris
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

What are your favorite Bloody Mary recipes? I am not a huge fan but my wife likes them and looking for a good recipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Ejmharris

Recipes abound and I would say it rather depends on what seasonings she likes, celery salt, Worchestershire, Louisiana hot sauce, fresh lime, etc. I prefer them made with gin rather than vodka.

Recipes abound and I would say it rather depends on what seasonings she likes, celery salt, Worchestershire, Louisiana hot sauce, fresh lime, etc. I prefer them made with gin rather than vodka.

I've been making them with white dog, typically the High West Silver Oat. I find it works very well, and it gives me the opportunity to not own a bottle of vodka, since I have no other use for one.

Until 3 months ago vodka had been my prime ingredient for bloody marys but after reading a post here I tried Bourbon and never looked back.

As soon as I finish this last cup of coffee with some OGD I'm moving on to some OGD blood marys.

Thanks for the inputs. I did make a couple last night. Used the store bought spicey zing zing. Tossed in some jalapeño stuffed olives and a quarter teaspoon of A1. Not sure why but it seemed like it should go in there. They seemed to go over well enough. Will keep trying to perfect with non store bought mix.

The Bloody Mary is a complex drink, but I do my best to try to keep mine simple. Gin is my choice for this one. And I prefer V-8 to plain tomato juice. Plus lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, a dash of Tobasco, and a sprinkle of Old Bay seasoning. Of course, a celery stalk as a swizzle stick.

Tim

I always use prepared horseradish in mine. A little bit gives a nice kick and adds some thickness.

And just in case you need ideas, you could always come to WI for a few. :)

http://imgur.com/5h9XzoZ

Edited by tylermke

I always use prepared horseradish in mine. A little bit gives a nice kick and adds some thickness.

And just in case you need ideas, you could always come to WI for a few. :)

http://imgur.com/5h9XzoZ

That is hilarious. May have to stop by on the way to Door county for vacation this year.

That is hilarious. May have to stop by on the way to Door county for vacation this year.

Get there early, they usually have a huge line to start the day! :)

I like mine with an aged tequila and plenty of cayenne pepper and lemon juice, celery salt and fresh tomato juice, no ice, i hate bloody marys with ice, oh yeh and the grated horseradish ofcourse

Edited by onemorepour
forgot the horseradish

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.