Corsair Centennial

tanstaafl2
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

As part of our Nashville run we made a stop at Corsair distillery. One of their newer products is a hopped whiskey called Centennial made with centennial hops. We got to try it in the tasting room afterwards. A good bit better than I had initially expected and enough to get me to buy a bottle to go along with the funky Quinoa whiskey I bought the last time i was there although I am not sure it would be a regular pour for me.

post-8493-14489820471668_thumb.jpg

Not readily available apparently but like most crafty things it is a spendy little bottle.

God I hate their labels.

That being (needlessly) said I do like them and wouldn't mind trying this one out.

I kinda like their labels. They are easy to remove and the bottles are nice enough to reuse as decanters. I would like to try a hopped whiskey some day.

God I hate their labels.

That being (needlessly) said I do like them and wouldn't mind trying this one out.

Don't know if they have any in Bowling Green but you could call and check.

I wish they would release some of the things they were testing. We tried a couple at a tasting they participated in, including a pumpkin flavored bourbon - which I thought was freaking amazing (and I'm not big on the flavored whiskey category).

For those who wanted their Centennial back...you got it. :lol:

God I hate their labels.

The label does nothing for me either, I get a Reservoir Dogs rip off vibe from it. BUT after reading the last Whisky Advocate magazine I really want to try this too.

The label makes me think of ska. So I like it.

Never tried anything from Corsair, I need to rectify that soon.

• 1 month later...

Ryemaggedon is the bee's knees. The quinoa is weird and interesting, and the triple smoke is decent. I really love what they are doing. will need to look for some centennial.

mopgcw, when you say "weird and interesting" what does that translate to in terms of tastes? Can you break it down for us?

Ryemaggedon is the bee's knees. The quinoa is weird and interesting, and the triple smoke is decent. I really love what they are doing. will need to look for some centennial.

I have eaten quinoa. However I'm not quite sure how I would like that taste in whiskey form. Maybe some day I'll drop the dough or just go to Nashville for the tour and taste.

mopgcw, when you say "weird and interesting" what does that translate to in terms of tastes? Can you break it down for us?

it is a very light drink, smooth; a touch of fire at the end, but you have to savor it a bit to pull the fire out. quite nutty, with a bit of mouth feel; i did get a bit of the caramel on occasion but no chocolate i could get. so light it is almost not there. very subtle, i want to say thin, and odd. if you have a strong cigar, it gets lost completely. i like it, but not a favorite go to libation.

the rasputin is too alcoholly for me; almost chemical. not a fan.

great that they are working on this stuff.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.