Deanston Virgin Oak

theglobalguy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Popped up in the local market in the last few months, was on sale for $34 so thought what the heck. Notes below, mind you i'm more a bourbon guy so a lot of scotch details are lost on me.

46.3% ABV, Non Chill filtered, NAS

Nose - light fruit salad, hint of oak, pear slices, wheatgrass

Taste - White pepper, hot, frosted flakes, hint of sugar

Finish - Short, not a complaint...just goes away quicker than i'd like

Added a few drops of water, taste was a bit deeper, fruit popped out and it really smoothed out the bite of the proof.

All in all, happy with it. It's got the bite of a younger scotch there's no hiding it, but it doesn't change my plan to buy another.

Very interesting. I've passed on this multiple times since it was an unknown and my only experience with Deanston so far was a young portwood that was TERRIBLE. I may have to give them another try.

I'm hopeful they release an older version of this once the product ages. I assume it would help the finish from being so abrupt.

Interesting how individual taste can be.

Deanston Virgin Oak is the only single malt I've tried in three years that was a strong candidate for use as drain cleaner.

Interesting how individual taste can be.

Deanston Virgin Oak is the only single malt I've tried in three years that was a strong candidate for use as drain cleaner.

Hilarious! But it IS so true...we all have different tastes!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.