What TN Whiskey Did You Buy Today?

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I came across this George Dickel today.

It's a "Hand Selected Barrel"

14yo, 106prf, Bottle No 83.

Let you how it tastes later.

rsz_tn_003_zps5cfcf05a.jpg

curious to know your opinions. I love the 9 year, but havent seen the 14 year. they vanished in no time around here.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Crap, I had to hunt to find this thread! :lol:

Had a really good meeting today, so treated myself and picked up a Dickel 14yr on the way to the airport. Now, hoping it makes it back home intact in my checked bag. On a side note, was glad to find that it was $40 cheaper than the 9yr version that BigRich made me buy in April...

Crap, I had to hunt to find this thread! :lol:

Had a really good meeting today, so treated myself and picked up a Dickel 14yr on the way to the airport. Now, hoping it makes it back home intact in my checked bag. On a side note, was glad to find that it was $40 cheaper than the 9yr version that BigRich made me buy in April...

it was $40 cheaper than the 9yr version that BigRich made me buy in April...

I dont get the impression it takes much convincing to get you to purchase a bottle, joe.

Let us know what you think of the 14 year!

There's nothing wrong with TN whiskey, I just wish there was more selection readily available here in TX, specifically more age statements and a bit higher proof than the 80s norm of TN. Even "just" an 8 year, 90 proof and I'd buy it at any halfway reasonable price.

I dont get the impression it takes much convincing to get you to purchase a bottle, joe.

Let us know what you think of the 14 year!

OK, OK...you can feel better knowing you followed my dumb ass in buying it...At least I didn't know any better! :lol:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.