Kilkerran WIP #5 bourbon

weller_tex
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I am thinking about splurging a bit and taking a break from bourbon and getting Kilkerran WIP #5 Bourbon Wood. I had #3 a few years ago and loved it. Has anyone had #5 yet?

Creamy, supple mouthfeel, slight Spingbankian oil smoke, a bit of a spirity punch/spice. It tastes a little young to me, but the mouthfeel makes up for that. I actually prefer the Sherry Wood: the young notes are muffled by darker pepper and berry notes. The SW is more bitter on the finish, though, so if you want something a little sweeter and more naked, the BW's your guy.

Creamy, supple mouthfeel, slight Spingbankian oil smoke, a bit of a spirity punch/spice. It tastes a little young to me, but the mouthfeel makes up for that. I actually prefer the Sherry Wood: the young notes are muffled by darker pepper and berry notes. The SW is more bitter on the finish, though, so if you want something a little sweeter and more naked, the BW's your guy.

Thanks! Sounds like I would like either one!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.