Some Suggestions Please

AmeliaC
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

bandit.gif I need to find either a box, or one or two of a nice cigars for my very special husband Bobby. Any suggestions. Thanks for all your help.

Amelia,

Go to Kremer's Smoke Shop on Preston Street. They have a wonderful selection of cigars and pipe tobacco with a very knowledgable staff. I am sure they can help you out.

Mike Veach

Amelia,

I agree with Mike in that you should deal with an established and reputable cigar shoppe. They will be more than happy to make suggestions based on what you know Bobby already likes. I will throw in a couple suggestions based on my preferences: Arturo Fuente Hemmingway series, either the Signature or the Classic sizes. Also look at the Punch Gran Puro line, my current favorite. I also really like anything from the Macanudo "Gold-Label" line. Hope that helps! bandit.gif

P.S. Mark's suggestion of the Pappy Van Winkle cigars would also make a nice gift for the cigar and bourbon lover

I will second Jeff on the Fuentes. Look for Hemingway Classics or Signatures (about 170 and 190 a box respectively) or if you are on more of a budget, a box of Fuente 858 naturals or maduros can't go wrong for 80 bucks a box. Also, Fuente does a sungrown wrapper line that includes the Chateau fuente, Double Chateau Fuente and Royal Salute. They can all be had for under 100 bucks a box. I can direct you to many online retailers that I regularly use if you wish.

Other good options that are available: Ashton or Ashton Virgin Sun Grown, Padron or Padron Anniversaries, Hoyo de Monterrey Excaliburs or the new Cuesta Rey sungrowns (yummy!).

If you have any questions feel free to email me. I and a couple others here are actually transplants from a couple of different cigar bulletin boards smile.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.