Smooth Ambler American Whiskey

Phil T
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Good afternoon fellas, I hope all is well. I have been drinking this almost exclusively over the last couple weeks, corn, vanilla, a touch of wood. Simply delicious. Non chill filtered and 125.4 proof. If you love Mellow Corn, you will REALLY love this, a SA private barrel for TPS , of course

Edited by Phil T

• 2 months later...

I'm sure the TPS private is really solid, but it's not like many of us can get ahold of it.

While I don't think it's the best bourbon I've ever had for $40, K&L's Faultline bourbon is a 10 and 7 yr SA blend done up to 100 proof. It's a bit thin, sweet, laid back but it's a solid sipper for the price. There are many more MGPI bourbon expressions that are way worse, I'll say that.

I've heard good things about the Faultline, just a solid bourbon. This TPS bottling was corn whiskey, thus the comparison to Mellow Corn

• 4 weeks later...
I've heard good things about the Faultline, just a solid bourbon. This TPS bottling was corn whiskey, thus the comparison to Mellow Corn

Never heard the explanation of what Faultline was. Now I'm interested, knowing I like SAOS 7 and 10 yr.

• 2 years later...

I bought a bottle of this a few days ago.   In a nutshell, it tastes like their bourbon but younger and a bit harsher.   I find it perfectly drinkable for a younger expression. My bottle was 99 proof, so no worries there.   I'm not sure I would buy another bottle anytime soon since there are many choices I prefer in the $35 range.

Edited by ken_mays

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.