Greenbush Brewery Visit

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

We went to Sawyer yesterday, that's on the Lake Michigan coast, southern part of the state to visit the Greenbush Brewery.

Their link,... http://www.greenbushbrewing.com/index.htm

Kinda of a last minute decision to go there.

Last Thursday I got a 6-pak of Anger and I see the info and then I look them up and since we are on vacation this week we went.

They have a long list of beers, we tried several and I liked them all.

All brewed in a copper kettle that was the 2nd to last one that noted San Fransisco coppersmith Fred Zaft made.

Also the best pub food I have had at one of these places.

rsz_sawyer_002_zps78e3c5bd.jpg

In May 1952 a train derailed here and damaged the building.

A local high school kid driving a panel truck hit the train.

Over the years the building has housed multible different business'.

BTW, I highly recommend Fitzgerlad's for lunch/dinner right next door.

rsz_sawyer_003_zps9a400646.jpg

Close by is Warren Dunes State Park.

rsz_sawyer_010_zps06e7ffbc.jpg

This has nothing to do with beer but it's been decades since I've seen a Five & Dime, thought some fellow old timers would like to seen it too.

rsz_sawyer_027_zps702aff30.jpg

OK, back home and back to that 6-pak that I bought last week.

Anger, a Black IPA.

rsz_2beer_009_zpsfceb0690.jpg

I love that part of Michigan and I love hanging out at Greenbush on a hot summer day. Nice pics! It's been awhile, but if I recall they keep themselves pretty busy making lots of different kinds of beer there with plenty of aging going on. Their Closure IPA is good stuff, if a bit erratic. We get it around here in Chicago now, but there's no date on the bottle so it's impossible to know how fresh it is.

Great pics and narrative. I'm a Greenbush fan -- enjoyed one of their Advent calendars of 25 different beers back in December.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.