Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa

Flyfish
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I am a long-time fan of 4R SB but have never really appreciated SmB or YL. Even so, periodically I give them another shot. Within the last month, I find that both are striking a chord. In contrast, EHT SmB is just no longer there for me. I am accustomed to fluctuations in my palate but in these instances I suspect that both my former aversion and affinity were both just mistakes.

So, what have you changed your mind about lately?

I've done a pretty big change of taste towards 4R in general. The yellow label was a regular around our tailgate and i'd happily use it as a mixer but I found pretty much all the 4R juice to be too floral forward. My taste has changed and I now pick that up as more of an herbal element that I really appreciate and I have 4 different 4RSB and 3 different recipes on my shelf at the moment.

They've become one of my go-tos.

After years of shunning WT products, I've become a fan again. I like the WT101 almost as much as the FRSB (which has been a favorite of mine for a couple of years), I think the newest versions of RB and RRSB are outstading.

After years of shunning WT products, I've become a fan again. I like the WT101 almost as much as the FRSB (which has been a favorite of mine for a couple of years), I think the newest versions of RB and RRSB are outstading.

Variety is the spice of life, or something like that. I just started but 4RSB hit me like no other bourbon with 20 open bottles. The floral to me is a sweet floral note I get nosing that no other bourbon has. While I love it, I hit up my ec12, Makers 46, stagg jr, Bulleit Rye and Bourbon, EWB, SAOS 7yr, RittBiB, you get the point. I can see getting 4R overload. Mix it up, we are in a rennaisance of delicious bourbon so enjoy it before the coming price inflation. Just my take.

ive gone from barrel proofers to 100 proofers, and gone from not being a wheater fan to enjoying them. My ever changing tastes make me wonder if its ever a good idea to buy cases of stuff, in general. Unless you get one hell of a deal, im starting to think it may not be a good idea to buy tons of the same thing in bulk. The upside is that I eventually come around to liking things again later, and revisit what Ive bunkered. Hell, it never goes bad.....

I have come back to bottles that didn't hit the spot the first time and find my tastes have changed such as with VOB. That was one I just tried too early in my adventures but came back to it and WOW...definite keeper. However, stuff like EWBIB, HH 6/90 and the VOB have been hits from the start for me. I don't see my interest in them fading. Bunkerable stuff.

Edited by jonnyd

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.