What Bourbon did you Gift today?

kjbeggs
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

My Stepson and his two buddies recently moved into a new house. This week they completed construction of their new bar (with my help).

Tonight they are having a "stock the bar" party, so I've decided to present them with a couple of bottles of OGD114.

I've shared many pours of top-shelf bourbon for their education, so thought it time to educate them to the best of the bottom-shelf.

Very nice - recently gave my father-in-law a WT Tradition. Last time I visited I noticed that he's been enjoying it! I've created a monster ...

OGD114 is fantastic to stock up a new bar.

Here's my story:

Couple of months ago, I gifted a very good friend/coworker whom we had done some really amazing projects ($M's) that had huge impact to the company and the industry, a PVW20 (2009 version). To my error for not asking before his visit to my site, I learned he doesn't drink, hahahaha. However, another co-worker of ours was there and said she enjoys bourbon and scotch so said she would be happy to take this. She did not know what PVW was but said she really liked GTS because of the proof and taste. I feel bad to take it back and couldn't really refused on the spot, but I guess I could have. So it went to her which is fine since she is someone I like working with as well.

However, as I knew she didn't know PVW but said she like GTS, I called to ask the next day if she would mind if I switched that with a GTS instead since she really likes GTS anyway and I really like PVW20. She happily agreed and a couple of weeks later when we had a chance to meet up at her site, I brought over a 2013 GTS and took back the PVW20. :) feeling a little embarrassed still. Fortunately, we opened up the GTS in her office with some of our coworkers and had a nice drink together.

Edited by tigerlam92

I gifted a BMH and a Stagg Jr during a wedding weekend - these were what we consumed during the getting ready pics with the groom/groomsmen and the night before. Honestly I chose those bottles because the groom and best man are label whores who think these are amazing bourbons simply due to their relative scarcity.

is that bad?? :)

I recently gifted a GS OBSO and several W 12's. Good friends should not be taken for granted and bourbon is good for only two things....drinking and sharing!

Bookers 25th 2 ea 2oz sample bottles to my father inlaw, because had to go home before he could finish his first pour.

Ted

Went to a couple parties last weekend, and brought Smooth Ambler Old Scout as host gift to each. Supports my friends by spreading the word, and it's tasty; double win!

Went to a couple parties last weekend, and brought Smooth Ambler Old Scout as host gift to each. Supports my friends by spreading the word, and it's tasty; double win!

+1 on this. I just gifted an Old Scout 7 year myself. Definitely worth spreading the word to people that really enjoy really good bourbon. And the price is right. And the guys running the place are transparent. And they're making their own spirit and aging it properly before releasing it. How can you not support that?

Great thread. I have a buddy who just had a kid that's just getting into bourbon. He's a big fan of the Weller profile, and the Blanton's/ETL stuff too. So what I picked up my ETL comms last week, I grabbed an extra for him. Figured the next time I went over there I'd replenish his stock.

Well haven't bought it yet, but buddy of mine and his wife to be are having a stock-the-bar party this weekend and I've pretty well settled on getting him a bottle of 4R OBSK, I remember him enjoying my 2013 LE and hope the store selection is up to par... and I've been meaning to pick up a bottle of it for myself :)

Here's a pic of the bar we built, as opening night wound down

post-10866-14489820864759_thumb.jpg

Edited by kjbeggs

I gifted a BMH and a Stagg Jr during a wedding weekend - these were what we consumed during the getting ready pics with the groom/groomsmen and the night before. Honestly I chose those bottles because the groom and best man are label whores who think these are amazing bourbons simply due to their relative scarcity.

is that bad?? :)

Its a gift. If they like it, its the correct gift. No different than bringing Grey Goose to vodka fans. Just as we drink what we like, gift what they like. Those choices are very drinkable, even if they arent your favorite.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.