Seagrams VO 1948

wolfenstein
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Does anybody know anything about Seagrams VO made in 1948. The bottle has a gold type case that wraps the bottle. Has anyone had any? Is it any good? A friend found it in his grandparents basement a month ago and I don't know much about it.

I'd say open it up and have a nice pour or two with family or friends. That's about the only way you're really gonna find out if it's any good.

It is still made, buy a current one (or any Canadian whisky of medium age, Canadian Club, say or Crown Royal) and then compare then. Which do you prefer? Why?

Gary

I was hoping to find out if anyone knew what facility it was made in and roughly how old that whiskey was when it was being bottled. I have seen other bottles from that time frame after a quick google search and none of them had the packaging this has. I was curious what is different about it if anyone might have some idea. I know it is still made and the current product is not my favorite.

Seagram in this period had two distilleries, one in Waterloo, ON, one in Lasalle, QC. It would be made in one or the other. Does the label not say?

I doubt the taste will be much different than the '48, but only one way to tell..

Gary

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.