Wild Turkey American Spirit

madtownbourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have a chance to get my hands on a bottle and was wondering if anyone had any opinions? I found a few older threads but with very little content. Any comparisons to bourbon more easily found on shelves today? Thanks!

If you like Turkey and the price is right get it. Personally, I think it's very good bourbon. The closest thing to it on shelves today would probably be WT101 or WTRB, or RR10yr. WT has a very consistent house profile.

Edited by smknjoe

Just bought one yesterday. Too much is open right now on the bar to crack it, but I was very pleased to find it. Mine was $90, if that helps your decision making process.

tbt

I like it very much. I have an open bottle and another one bunkered. Both were purchased at least 8-10 years ago.

Tim

It's very good. Not as good as some of the older WT special offerings but still very much worth buying.

Of the WT special releases it's my least favorite but it's drinkable $90 to $120 drinkable not in my book. Pick up the Tradition instead.

Of the WT special releases it's my least favorite but it's drinkable $90 to $120 drinkable not in my book. Pick up the Tradition instead.

Wow! Is that what it goes for, now? I paid in the $50 range for mine, several years ago as noted above, and I live in a high tax state.

Tim

Wow! Is that what it goes for, now? I paid in the $50 range for mine, several years ago as noted above, and I live in a high tax state.

Tim

My opinion is the WTAS is way better than the Tradition. The Tribute, American Spirit, and Tradition were released consecutively and are about same age. The Tribute is the best, the WTAS a small step down, then a big step down to the Tradition.

I have found another, and so I'm cracking my first on the 4th of July. If I love it, we'll pick up another.

tbt

They are still pretty easy to find around here. It's good stuff if you like Turkey.

You know, not a bad idea for 4th of July at all... Good call.

Thanks. Also cracking a Michter's 10. Looking forward to learning about both of 'em.

tbt

Having tried it last night, I agree with you qman. I really enjoyed this bourbon.

tbt

My opinion is the WTAS is way better than the Tradition. The Tribute, American Spirit, and Tradition were released consecutively and are about same age. The Tribute is the best, the WTAS a small step down, then a big step down to the Tradition.

I'm with Wade...

WTAS is the best (IMO, by far) of the "recent" WT special releases.

Another fan of WTAS over here. To my palate the Tradition is dryer and the Tribute is a little jucier. Some older Kentucky Spirit barrels are as good or better but it's getting hard to find more than the occasional bottle and very hard to find more than one from any particular barrel.

Totally jealous to anyone still finding these in the wild. Far better 'score' than a lot of other sought after bourbons at the same price.

I haven't done a blind SBS against PVW 15 yet, but I bet I'd pick WTAS over it more often than not. All the Pappy chasers keep chasing, ill stealthy recover all the forgotten Turkey's I can while you're calling stores or waiting in lines. :P

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.