What bourbons fall under what grain?

thunderhead357
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I see people talking about wheated bourbon and different grains is there a list around here?

Thanks

There's a thread that tried to get the mashbill for most bourbons. I'll post a link here when I can find itn. It's a really imformative thread.

I see people talking about wheated bourbon and different grains is there a list around here?

Thanks

Founf the thread! It's stickied in this forum and called Whiskey Tree. Go to page 18 and towards the bottom is an excel version of the latest. I think page 17 is the text version. GQ magazine also did a more simplistic but graphica tree. Google GC Whiskey Tree and yoy should find it.

Historically Bourbon mash bills have been either corn/rye/barley malt or corn/wheat/barley malt. There has been some movement in recent times to add or substitute other grains for the rye or wheat but those are marketing gimmicks for the most part. Like some modern chiefs who claim to be avant garde when in fact they're just throwing stuff together because they haven't put in the time to master the basics of cooking.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.