Breakthrough

jeff
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Well at long last, Leslie has found a drink that is mostly bourbon that she enjoys: The Old Fashoned. Since this is about 85% bourbon I think it is cause for celebration, as she usually only drinks bourbon sours with about 33% bourbon. Don't get me wrong, she likes bourbon and will taste anything neat once, but she is still a wine girl at heart confused.gif

I made it as follows:

3/4 tsp sugar

Splash of Perrier

2 dashes Angostura bitters

Muddle the above ingredients till dissolved then add:

1 1/2 oz Old Forester 100 proof

2-3 small ice cubes

Overall a fantastic cocktail and a nice entry-level high-bourbon drink. toast.gif

Jeff have you ever tried it with Peychaud bitters (which just happens to be owned by Sazerac?)

Jeff, you made a mistake. I learned this lesson with microbrews about 10 years ago.

You want the wife to enjoy your favorite drinks. You work with her to gain an appreciation for it. Finally, you win her over. BAM! Your favorite bourbons dwindle twice as fast. Your bourbon bill doubles. Your Stagg disappears. banghead.gif Get her back on sours, man, before it's too late.

Off the topic warning!!

My best man gave me this advice.

Do not get your wife too involved in your hobbies.

Apparently, his third wife was more than game for taking karate, getting a pistol permit, hunting, fishing etc.

When they split, she threatened him with a weapon, beat the crap out of him, stole his truck and moved into his trailer in upstate NY. If he hadn't been so pursuasive, he probably would have been better off.

lol.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.