4 Roses Gift Shop Bottles

Renegator
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Headed to the motherland later this week. I want to swing by the 4 Roses Gift Shop but the last two times I have been they were completely sold out of bottles. Has anyone been recently? Does anyone know what they may have?

Mods: if this is the wrong forum for this questions - feel free to move to appropriate one.

You could always call them. They've been known to hold stuff if you're really nice and give them a credit card. (502) 839-2655

Have fun, Rutledge usually doesn't miss with the gift shop stuff.

Early last week Lawrenceburg was out but Coxs Creek had quite a few recipes in stock.

You could always call them. They've been known to hold stuff if you're really nice and give them a credit card. (502) 839-2655

Have fun, Rutledge usually doesn't miss with the gift shop stuff.

Good advice. I would also recommend opening a bottle of each recipe that you purchase in the parking lot. If there is anything that strikes you as exceptional, march right back in the gift shop and buy more of it. I wish I had done this when I visited.

I would also recommend opening a bottle of each recipe that you purchase in the parking lot. If there is anything that strikes you as exceptional, march right back in the gift shop and buy more of it. I wish I had done this when I visited.

I was at L'burg last Saturday and they had 5 recipes: OBSK, OESK, OBSO, OESQ and OESF. I called today and they told me they still had all 5, but they were selling fast. I think calling ahead is a good idea.

I was at L'burg last Saturday and they had 5 recipes: OBSK, OESK, OBSO, OESQ and OESF. I called today and they told me they still had all 5, but they were selling fast. I think calling ahead is a good idea.

Yeah I talked to them today by phone and was told things were moving fast. Bad thing is it will be at least two weeks before I can get down there in person to purchase with cash so the wife doesn't find out. Looks like I might just have to take the ass chewing and put it on the card so she sees it and make sure I get one.

Been there!! LOL. Ya picks yer battles. I have picked this very one on occasion, eventually dust settles, peace is restored and I enjoy my Four Roses.

Yeah I talked to them today by phone and was told things were moving fast. Bad thing is it will be at least two weeks before I can get down there in person to purchase with cash so the wife doesn't find out. Looks like I might just have to take the ass chewing and put it on the card so she sees it and make sure I get one.

Thanks for the replys. I just got back from my Kentucky trip and they had 5 barrel selections. They were same as listed above in post #6 which were OBSK, OESK, OBSO, OESQ and OESF. I grabbed a bottle of OBSO and OESK.

Glad they were still well-stocked for you! Having not been myself, just curious about the price per bottle in the gift shop?

Last time I was there I think they were $59.99 for the BP offerings.

Glad they were still well-stocked for you! Having not been myself, just curious about the price per bottle in the gift shop?

$63 about two months ago.

Thanks and more thanks, 'gents. So about $10 more than the store picks around my area, but with Mr. Jim's very capable choosing and a little added age, I'll surely be a buyer.

I may be wrong but I believe many distilleries price gift shop offerings a little higher, while trying to make them a little different or special, so they don't compete with local retailers. If you visit the gift shop, you have to buy something!

Was that pre-tax or out the door? The last bottles I got from there were ~$63 out the door...last November.

They are $63 plus tax which came to about $67 out the door. It is about $10 more than a traditional private selection but I'll happily pay that to have one selected by the esteemed Mr. Rutledge.

They are $63 plus tax which came to about $67 out the door. It is about $10 more than a traditional private selection but I'll happily pay that to have one selected by the esteemed Mr. Rutledge.

I have a couple of each set aside for me for this weekend...any of these stand out to you? Any news if there will be any new selections this week? The viscosity of the gift shop picks I've had in the past is incredible.

Unfortunately, I haven't opened mine yet. My favorite recipe happens to be OBSO which is why I picked one of those up. To me the Q and F yeast strains can be hit or miss so I tend to not buy a whole bottle unless I can taste them first.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.