4R's Jim Rutledge coming to town

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Scott gave me a heads up on this one via a "tweet" from Tippins Market.

Address: 4845 Ann Arbor-Saline Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48193

BrjBzBiIAAEDboZ.jpg

Ooooooh, I'm hopin' to make that shindig. :shocked:

Is it a barrel-pick-announcement, or a delayed visit from the previous selection(s?)?

Ooooooh, I'm hopin' to make that shindig. :shocked:

Is it a barrel-pick-announcement, or a delayed visit from the previous selection(s?)?

It is their third barrel coming in. The first two are pretty much gone already. Will be there for sure.

Best regards, Tony

I definitely need to pass this on to a friend who works in Ann Arbor. Thanks for the head's up!

Thanks for the heads up. I just wrote this on my calendar. I expect to bring a few friends along with me.

I will be there for sure. Can't wait for some obsk as well!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I'm having a pour of the 2014 4R1B LE and I just remembered this.

I think I will stop by after work on Thursday.

Good Day Guys-

Heard from Dominic over on Facebook that Jim will not be there for the event this week.

Best regards, Tony

Heard from Dominic over on Facebook that Jim will not be there for the event this week.

Awwww, Damn! I was really hoping to catch up with JR. I'll still try and get over there this Thursday.

Ouch. I still play competitive volleyball in my 40's and it's going to be either knee or shoulder surgery that will eventually stop me. I'm really, really hoping for the knee.

The older you get, the tougher surgeries are to recover from. At 34, I had a severe disc herniation in L4/L5 that required surgery 9 weeks ago. I still can't lift much but I can see light (and golf) at the end of the tunnel. Tiger had a similar procedure.

Stay active but listen to your body.

Completely agree. I'm a few years over the hill and have been playing with this group for over 15 years now. Seeing other teams come and go because of injuries is painful. We do a national tournament (USAV Open Nationals) every year that was in Louisville last year and they've got age divisions for seniors starting at 45+ and going all the way to 76+. I might not make that last division, but I'm hoping for the 50+/55+! Just gotta keep in shape.

And good luck on your recovery! Keep threatening those fairways and greens that you'll be back to haunt them!

Thanks for the update. I saw on facebook that Jim had surgery on his shoulder but the picture showed him still signing bottles. I'm glad he's cutting his travel time to heal up.

In case anyone was planning on a trip to Tippins today, the barrel has been delayed. Watch their FB or twitter for updates.

• 3 weeks later...

Tippins has had their OBSK barrel in for about a week. Got mine tonight and there were quite a few left.

Tippins has had their OBSK barrel in for about a week. Got mine tonight and there were quite a few left.

I picked up one a few days ago.

I like it better than the previous release.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.