Bowmore used to christen a ship

dmarkle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Lucky ship... One of my favorite Islay distilleries (along with pretty much all the rest).

It was this:

http://www.allthingswhisky.com/?p=1230

Looks like it wasn't much of a loss.

I'm embarassed to say I don't really have a ton of experience with Bowmore outside one of the basic expressions as a part of other tastings. It didn't stand out vs the peat bombs we drank after, and I forgot the name. Any recommendations from the Bowmore fans?

Edited by garbanzobean

'I name this ship... after myself'

I wonder if she pounded a shot or two before she broke the bottle? :lol:

'I name this ship... after myself'

I wonder if she pounded a shot or two before she broke the bottle? :lol:

I expect she is more of a Dubonnet and gin drinker from what I have read. A little habit she picked up from mummy apparently! Her consort, Prince Phillip, may have had a snort or two though as a way of dealing with his mother in law from hell, that self same Queen mum.

I'm embarassed to say I don't really have a ton of experience with Bowmore outside one of the basic expressions as a part of other tastings. It didn't stand out vs the peat bombs we drank after, and I forgot the name. Any recommendations from the Bowmore fans?

I don't have much experience with Bowmore either, as my time with Islays is pretty evenly split with all the other distilleries. There's something I find that I like about each one. For example, sometimes I really enjoy the in-your-face smoke and salt and iodine from a Laphroaig. Bowmores (to me) tend to be a little more balanced with fruit (usually tropical or citrus) and honey that compliment the smoke and salt nicely. Right now I only have an independent bottling of an 11 year single cask, but I remember really enjoying their 15 year expression (which is their most heavily sherried, and therefore a bit richer and sweeter) as well as the 12 year.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.