Wild Turkey Master Distiller Selection 14 yr barrel proof

VAGentleman
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I was given a bottle of this over the weekend. Its 14 year old barrel proof at 107 proof. It was bottled in June of 2006. It came in a nice wood box with a certificate and a piece of barrel in it. I believe this came out prior to the American Spirit, Tribute and Tradition.

I must say this is some of the best bourbon I've ever had. The nose has some really nice spice and maple syrup to it. That continues with the taste. it's got some really nice and heavy spice up front that gives way to maple syrup with a super long finish. The mouth feel is thick and coats your mouth. Really easy drinking for 107 proof. Blows away the AS Tribute and Tradition I've had in the past. Man this is good stuff.

Edited by VAGentleman

Never heard of it, but it sounds awesome. Those older WT special ed. bottles are highly underrated IME.

Post a picture if you have a chance, please.

I was given a bottle of this over the weekend. Its 14 year old barrel proof at 107 proof. It was bottled in June of 2006. It came in a nice wood box with a certificate and a piece of barrel in it.

Yep the picture Oscar has is the same I have. Its a 700 ml and looks to be an overseas bottle as it has Japanese writing on it

• 1 month later...

With their increased capacity perhaps there is hope for more like this in the future and greater availability. Well here's hoping anyway, the sample of old turkey was one of those holy sh*t moments!!. Just amazing stuff!!

With their increased capacity perhaps there is hope for more like this in the future and greater availability. Well here's hoping anyway, the sample of old turkey was one of those holy sh*t moments!!. Just amazing stuff!!

Also, their new stills started up in 2009, and apparently they got a lot of help setting things up from Larry Ebersold, the old master distiller from Seagrams Indiana (now MGP). There could be some profile shift due to that too.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.