2 bottles from TX

n811
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have a family member visiting Michigan from Ft. Worth, TX in a couple weeks. There is room in check baggage for two bottles. Michigan is a control state, so we've got fairly high prices. I've narrowed down my picks to these choices, but can't decide on only two:

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Name[/TD]

[TD=align: center]MI price[/TD]

[TD=align: center]TX price[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Balblair 2002[/TD]

[TD=align: center]NA[/TD]

[TD=align: center]$54.99[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Booker Noe 7 Yr[/TD]

[TD=align: center]$58.99[/TD]

[TD=align: center]$39.99[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Noah's Mill[/TD]

[TD=align: center]$46.99[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Springbank 10 yr[/TD]

[TD=align: center]$49.99[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]WL Weller 12 yr[/TD]

[TD=align: center]$18.99[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

So, I pose it to the fourms - if you could only pick two, which would it be? (Note, I already have one bottle of Weller 12 acquired during the holidays :grin: )

Two bottles of Weller 12 I think would be the best way to go.

BTW, are you sure it's Weller 12 and not Special Reserve or OWA 107?

That price looks extremely low.

For two completely different pours, I'd look at taking Booker's and Weller 12.

BTW, are you sure it's Weller 12 and not Special Reserve or OWA 107?

That price looks extremely low.

Indeed. Here's a photo of the bottle from the holidays. Isn't it sick how cheap all that Weller 12 is in Texas? Anyone wondering where it all is, here's your answer. Still wouldn't make me want to live there!!! :slappin:

post-11018-14489821271105_thumb.jpg

post-11018-14489821270949_thumb.jpg

Perhaps one bourbon and one scotch? Since you have W12 maybe the Bookers. if you were willing to step up a bit in price and it was available the Springbank 10 is nice but I might look for the Springbank 12 CS.

I'd go with bottles you can't get at home, so I'd cross Booker's off the list despite how good the $40 price-tag is. I'd definitely vote for Weller 12. I'm not into Scotch so I can't really help you pick a second. For what it's worth, I enjoyed the pour of Noah's Hill I had at the bar the other night but at $45 there are other way's I'd rather spend my money.

If you're really torn, send your friend to Texas with a suitcase of your own so you can get a bottle of everything :grin:

I'd go with bottles you can't get at home, so I'd cross Booker's off the list despite how good the $40 price-tag is. I'd definitely vote for Weller 12.

im inclined to agree here. I loves me some bookers, but the fact that you CAN get Bookers in MI would end that choice, if you can only have him/her bring you two bottles. Ive never had W12 (or seen it in forever), but thats what Id choose from that list, particularly at that price, for both selections. NM is okay, but nothing Id make the effort to travel with. Next time Mrs Fox is sent to TX for work, Im gonna ax her to bring some W12 home. If I like it, great.....if not, its easy to trade off!

Bookers is readily available in MI.

Noah's Mill is not worth it since they went NAS.

Weller 12 x 2 is the clear winner, in my opinion

Weller 12 x 2 is the clear winner, in my opinion

Mine too . . . . . . . . . .

Mine too . . . . . . . . . .

I concur, primarily b/c it's unique and difficult to obtain up in MI. Plus, the quoted price is a steal, even for Fort Worth (where I live, but typically see W12 @ ~$25).

If you'd entertain a write-in candidate, you might want to consider a Garrison Bros. (caution: spendy and not for all tastes) or, better yet, Balcones (somewhat less spendy and has many variants). One of these two could get you more of that "Texas Flavor," if you're so inclined.

Well, since I'm a self professed 'Weller whore', I'd go with the Weller 12 too. :lol:

Did you ask my permission before you took bottles from my state back to yours? :cool:

If you'd entertain a write-in candidate, you might want to consider a Garrison Bros. (caution: spendy and not for all tastes) or, better yet, Balcones (somewhat less spendy and has many variants). One of these two could get you more of that "Texas Flavor," if you're so inclined.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.