Hellbender Corn Whiskey

tanstaafl2
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

This one took me a bit by surprise. Apparently distilled in what appears to be a little hole in the wall right in Decatur by Independent Distilling Company. News to me although it is noted on SKU's site as a product they are working on. Apparently they are finished! Also seem to be making a rum or two as well.

Anybody tried it? I confess unaged corn whiskey hasn't really been my thing so I passed on a bottle.

post-8493-14489821273268_thumb.jpg

post-8493-144898212735_thumb.jpg

Edited by tanstaafl2
adding a second picture

Well, now that was during a yesterdays Wednesday Tasting so it is possible I might not remember...

But I can find out easily enough.

I haven't seen it in the stores, but I'm trying to get them to come and speak at the kickoff event for my little Kirkwood Whiskey Society. We're literally right down College Ave from them.

I chatted with one of the guys from Independent the other day and then stopped by to check out their setup in Decatur. Met Michael Anderson, seems like a great and determined guy. Happy to say that they are planning on coming by my inaugural event! I got to taste the product, actually seemed quite nice for an unaged corn whiskey, but then to be honest I really don't have a lot of experience with stuff that hasn't been in wood for a while.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.