K&L scotch bottlings

Happyhour24x7
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have bought a few of the K&L exclusive Scotch bottles, thought I'd start a thread to discuss. I've sampled several this weekend: a 21 yo Bunnahabhain, a 17 yo Benrinnes and a 21 yo Linkwood. All have been outstanding examples. Anyone else trying these guys out?

I have a Benrinnes 17 open. I've described it as a more honeyed/floral Clynelish. Glad I have a 2nd bottle.

I've been really enjoying their cask choices and this year I managed to grab bottles of most of them, though only a single each. Currently I have their Glenlivet 16 and Glen Elgin 18 open and both have been great.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Max that the Benrinnes is good, and with MtnDew that the Glenlivet pick is good. I also picked up a bottle of the Dailuaine, so I did a SBSBS with these three. I initially gave the edge to the Benrinnes, but this Glenlivet I hitting all the right notes now. The Dailuaine is no slouch, either... Hotter and less subtle than the Benrinnes, it takes water pretty well and is well-rounded.

• 2 weeks later...

K&L looks like a cool place. I read their blog from time to time and some of their exclusives look great. Never tried any since I'm Chicago. I guess I'll just have settle for Binny's :cool:

I recently just tasted the Benrinnes and it's a very nice pour, sweet honeyed malt taste. $80 is not a bad price and I'm tempted to bunker one. The Glenlivet is a sherry bomb in the nose and surprisingly good at the lower abv. The bottle that I really enjoyed is their Bunnahabhain 21. I've have maybe a quarter left and will miss it after the bottle is empty. I regret not buying the last bottle on their shelf when it was released.

Has anybody tried their current Signatory Laphroaig 15 selection?
I was wondering this as well. The price is pretty steep for that. I also wondered about the Chieftain's 1997 Bunnahabhain Heavily Peated, though I think I'll just try the cheaper Toiteach OB.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.